- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 111
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Economic Scarcity and the Function of Choice
Course SummaryUse our engaging AP Macroeconomics homeschool course to help your homeschooler study for the AP exam and prepare to get a great score. Our video and text lessons clarify even the toughest concepts in a mobile-friendly, flexible and convenient format your student can access at any time.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Why It Works:
- Quality Content: Engaging animations and real-life examples make macroeconomics topics easy to grasp for students with multiple learning styles.
- Students Learn Efficiently: The self-based course allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Save Time: Spend less time preparing lessons and more time working with your student.
What You Get:
- Complete Course Library: In addition to AP macroeconomics, your membership includes access to a full high school homeschool curriculum and hundreds of additional courses.
- Online Dashboard: Parents and students can monitor course progress and subject mastery easily.
- Built-In Assessments Quizzes and practice exams allow students to test their knowledge and parents to monitor mastery.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our expert macroeconomics instructors any question about banking, inflation or other AP macroeconomics topics. They're here to help!
How It Works:
- Use the video lessons as your primary AP macroeconomics homeschool curriculum or as supplemental material.
- Complete each unit at your own pace.
- Watch lessons, reviewing or pausing as often as you need.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Check understanding through lesson quizzes and unit exams.
AP Macroeconomics Learning Objectives:
- Learn about scarcity and choice in relation to production possibilities.
- See what comparative advantage and specialization mean.
- Define supply and demand, and examine market equilibrium.
- Analyze ways of measuring the strength of the economy.
- Look at inflation measurement.
- Examine unemployment, and see how inflation plays a role in these numbers.
- Learn about aggregate supply and demand.
- Find out about equilibrium in macroeconomics.
- Explore the meaning of economic growth, and learn ways to influence productivity.
- Investigate the financial markets, and see how banking and money work.
- Get information on the Central Bank and its operations.
- Learn about government spending and revenue by examining fiscal policies.
- See how foreign exchange and the balance of payments operate.
- Understanding inflows, outflows and restrictions and their impact on the economy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How to Study for AP Tests
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- Car-Sharing Helps College Students Get Mobile
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses