- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 142
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Economic Scarcity and the Function of Choice
Course SummaryLearn more about the central bank, money market and measuring the economy with this AP Macroeconomics: Exam Prep course. Use these video lessons and test quizzes as a comprehensive, mobile study guide as you prepare to take the Advanced Placement (AP) Macroeconomics exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About the Course
Can you differentiate between classical and Keynesian views of consumption? Do you know how inflation impacts the overall economy? Our online course in macroeconomics can help you answer these questions and many more as you prepare for the Advanced Placement Macroeconomics Exam. Our video lessons are designed to be brief yet packed with the information you need to pass this exam and earn college credit. The instructor is an accomplished business and economics teacher with extensive experience teaching online. He uses real-world examples to explain even the most elusive economic concepts in funny and easy-to-understand ways.
|Scarcity, Choice, and the Production Possibilities Curve||Understand the fundamental economic concept of limited resources in an unlimited world and how economists visualize and calculate the resulting sacrifices.|
|Comparative Advantage, Specialization, and Exchange||Learn the difference between comparative and absolute advantage and how trade benefits economies.|
|Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium||Explore the concepts of supply and demand and how to graph them using everyday examples.|
|Measuring the Economy||Understand how gross domestic product and the circular flow are used to measure the economy.|
|Inflation Measurement and Adjustment||Learn about the consumer price index with a look at how inflation affects the overall economy.|
|Understanding Unemployment||Explore the different types of unemployment and why unemployment rates change.|
|Aggregate Demand and Supply||Understand consumption in the economy from the classical and Keynesian viewpoints.|
|Macroeconomic Equilibrium||Learn about what gaps between actual and potential GDP look like and how the business cycle plays into the difference.|
|Economic Growth and Productivity||Explore human capital, physical capital, unemployment, and technology to see how these factors affect productivity in an economy.|
|Money, Banking, and Financial Markets||Understand what money is, how it is used, and how economists calculate its economic presence.|
|Central Bank and the Money Supply||Learn about the Federal Reserve, including how its policy affects the economy as a whole.|
|Fiscal and Monetary Policies||Explore the wide variety of policies that contribute to the way our economy functions.|
|Foreign Exchange and the Balance of Payments||Understand how currency crosses borders with a look at how trade affects the global economy.|
|Inflows, Outflows, and Restrictions||Learn about trade restrictions, tariffs, quotas, and other concepts that affect financial markets.|
The Advanced Placement Exam (AP) is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- A Guide To Advanced Placement Courses
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How to Study for AP Tests
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- Preparing for Community College Placement Tests
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Instructional Outsourcing a Growing Trend on University Campuses Across the Country
- Fire Safety Certification
- Youth Correction Officer Job Description and Information for Students Considering a Career As a Youth Correctional Officer
- Become a Fire Scene Investigator Education and Career Roadmap
- Bachelors Degrees in Public Relations
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses