- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 184
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Protons: Definition, Charge & Mass
This course can be found in: AP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ AP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis AP Physics 2: Exam Prep course offers a quick and effective way to study for the test and earn the highest score you can. These bite-sized lessons and practice quizzes can be accessed at any time, which allows you to review important physics topics whenever it fits your schedule.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AP Courses
About This Course
If you're looking for a resource you can use at your convenience to prepare for the AP Physics 2 exam, this course is for you. Build your knowledge or review what you already know about physics subjects using our short, engaging lessons. Our physics instructors make it easy to understand topics such as conservation in fluid flow, mass and energy, electric charge, ideal gas and probability in physics. Self-assessment quizzes gauge how well you understand the material presented. If you develop questions about specific physics topics while reviewing this course, be sure to send them to our experts using the Dashboard.
Check out our AP test prep materials! We've got AP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AP study guides to help you study, AP practice tests to test your knowledge and informational AP resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Syllabus & Course Information
Our course is a comprehensive way to get ready to take the exam and is offered in an easy-to-follow and convenient format. You'll study waves, magnetic fields, isolines and forces, among other physics topics. This course is designed to prepare you for the exam by ensuring you can do the following:
- Identify the electric and magnetic properties of a system
- Explain how vector and scalar fields work
- Discuss conservation of electric charge and conservation of linear momentum
- Differentiate between reflection and refraction
- Define electromagnetic radiation
- Read wave models
- Explain ideal gas laws
- Outline key probability concepts used in physics
You'll find 145 short lessons in 26 chapters in this course, all designed by professional instructors for ease of use and understanding. The lesson quizzes and chapter tests are a great way test yourself before the exam and identify any areas you need to work on further.
AP Physics 2 Exam Information
The AP Physics 2 exam is designed to test your knowledge of the physics concepts you've learned in your AP Physics 2 course. Earning a high score may earn you advanced placement or credit in college.
- Number of Questions: 54
- Question Type: 50 multiple-choice questions, 4 free response questions
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $94
AP (Advanced Placement) is a registered trademark of The College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Graduate Physics Courses and Classes Review
- How to Study for AP Tests
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- How to Fit Studying for Your Teacher Certification Into Your Schedule
- Why Do Some Physics Departments Not Offer Online Degrees?
- Nuclear Physics Degree Requirements & Courses
- Are There Any Online Physics Courses at the Alamo Colleges?
- What Can You Do With a PhD in Physics?
- What Are Some Colleges that Offer Credible Online Degrees in Physics?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses