- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 143
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Protons: Definition, Charge & Mass
This course can be found in: AP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ AP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryLet us help you prepare for the AP Physics 1 exam with this self-paced course, which covers the main topics you'll find on the exam in an easy and accessible format. Use these lessons and practice quizzes to boost your score on the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AP Courses
About This Course
Explore physics topics like momentum, vectors, and electrical forces through this online course designed to prepare you for the AP Physics 1 exam. Divided into brief, engaging video lessons, this course also covers energy, Newton's laws, and much more. Each lesson is accompanied by a short, multiple-choice quiz and transcript in case you want to follow along with the video. You can also ask our subject experts any question you have about the lessons in this course.
Check out our AP test prep materials! We've got AP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AP study guides to help you study, AP practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AP resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is broken down into bite-sized lessons covering all the topics you'll find on the exam in a thorough yet easy-to-follow manner. Our self-paced course addresses oscillations, rotational motion and kinematics, among other concepts. After completing this course, you should be prepared to complete these objectives:
- Outline Newton's laws
- Define energy, power and work
- Detail linear momentum
- Differentiate between electrical forces and fields
- Explain rotational motion
- Discuss how direct current circuits work
- Identify mechanical waves
- Outline the physics concepts of vectors and oscillations
In this course, we've included 137 short lessons grouped into 12 chapters that you can review on any smartphone, computer or tablet 24 hours a day. To make sure you're ready for the exam, we recommend taking the lesson quizzes and chapter tests beforehand to see where you may need to study further.
AP Physics 1 Exam Information
Earning a successful score on the AP Physics 1 exam could earn you college credit or advanced placement. Taking the test is often the culmination of an AP Physics 1 course that covers the key topics and skills tested on the exam.
- Number of Questions: 55
- Question Type: 50 multiple-choice questions, 5 free-response questions
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $94
The Advanced Placement Exam (AP) is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Compass Exams
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Measured Progress Exams
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- The Importance of Being Healthy During Exams
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Corrections Officer Exam Information
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- Lawyer: An Overview of the Bar Exam
- Automotive Sales Manager Job Information for Recent Graduates Pursuing a Career Selling Automotives
- Land Surveyor Assistant Job Duties and Information About Becoming a Land Survey Assistant
- Consumer Studies Professional Employment Info for Those Pursuing a Career in Consumer Studies
- Restaurant Manager Job Info and Requirements for a Career in Restaurant Management
- Movie Director Classes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts