- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 83
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Kinematics? - Studying the Motion of Objects
Course SummaryThis online homeschool course is all you need to teach AP Physics C. Homeschool parents will find that the engaging videos bring learning to life and make even the most difficult concepts easy to understand.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Why It Works:
- Quality Content: Engaging animations and real-life examples make calculus and mechanical physics topics easy to grasp for students with multiple learning styles.
- Students Learn Efficiently: The self-based course allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Save Time: Spend less time preparing lessons and more time working with your student.
What You Get:
- Complete Course Library: In addition to AP Physics C, your membership includes access to a full high school homeschool curriculum and hundreds of additional courses.
- Online Dashboard: Parents and students can monitor course progress and subject mastery easily.
- Built-In Assessments: Quizzes and practice exams allow students to test their knowledge and parents to monitor mastery.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our expert physics instructors any question about gravity, electrical forces, or other AP Physics C topics. They're here to help!
How It Works:
- Use the video lessons as your primary AP Physics C homeschool curriculum or as supplemental material.
- Complete each unit at your own pace.
- Watch lessons, reviewing or pausing as often as you need.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Check understanding through lesson quizzes and unit exams.
AP Physics C Learning Objectives:
- Establish how magnetic fields are created and identify the effect of magnetic forces.
- Inspect the different types of capacitors and go over how they build up, store, and finally discharge energy.
- Learn about Coulomb's Law and Gauss's Law to better understand electrical fields and forces.
- Examine the spring constant and Hooke's Law in relationship to simple harmonic motion.
- Review how Kepler and Newton established various laws about gravitation.
- Scrutinize the differences between linear momentum and angular momentum.
- Practice finding the center of gravity and the center of mass.
- Analyze formulas for determining the potential energy within all energy types.
- Use kinematics to solve problems about acceleration, time, velocity, speed, and distance.
- Determine standard basic vectors and figure out how to graph all types of vectors.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How Can I Use Study.com Courses to Homeschool?
- Online Courses: Bring the Classroom Home!
- 5 Learning Tools for Middle Schoolers to Make Your Life Easier As a Teacher
- How We Used College Instructors to Teach Our Homeschool High Schoolers
- List of Free Online Physics Courses, Lectures and Learning Materials
- List of Free Online Quantum Physics Courses and Learning Materials
- How Online Courses Work Video
- Teach Online
- Online Videos to Teach ME About MBA Degree Programs
- Top Multimedia and Digital Design University Programs - Chicago IL
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Classes
- Computer Programming Top School for Becoming a Computer Programmer - Fargo ND
- Massage Therapist Classes Top College with Programs in Massage Therapy - Westminster CO
- E-Commerce Degrees Top Ranked E-Commerce Degree Program - Chicago Illinois
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses