- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 175
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Why Study Psychology? - Overview & Experiments
Course SummaryCut your budget for textbooks and engage your students with this flexible, thorough and engaging AP Psychology textbook replacement course. Our mobile-friendly video and text lessons and quizzes cover all the topics you'd find in a traditional textbook at a far lesser cost.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Any instructor who teaches AP psychology can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most AP psychology textbooks.
How it works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like research methods, intelligence testing and biology in psychology are perfect for briefly introducing an AP psychology topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional psychology textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework.
- In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of conditioning, states of consciousness, sleep, cognition, memory, and emotion.
- Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online AP Psychology textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Cost Effective: Using our AP Psychology textbook can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on physical textbooks.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring child development in psychology, abnormal psychology, social psychology and other AP psychology topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like the halo effect easy to understand.
- Adaptive Learning: Our fully online textbook courses integrate technology in classrooms to give students an important understanding of AP psychology as well as the technical skills they'll need for their future.
- Help Students Keep Up: Teachers can assign lessons directly from the course to students who need further help with specific AP psychology topics or who missed class.
- Simple and Versatile: Teachers and students can access this AP psychology and any Study.com course from any computer or mobile device.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online AP Psychology textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in AP psychology class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your teacher via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings AP psychology lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb AP psychology theories, approaches and classifications.
- Identify the AP psychology topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging AP psychology video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of topics like anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, biological therapy and treatment effectiveness.
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any AP psychology topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our AP Psychology course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about psychopathology theories, stereotypes and altruism.
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in AP psychology, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this AP psychology course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand a AP psychology concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- Advancements and progress in psychology
- Theoretical approaches and research techniques
- Measuring different types of intelligence
- Brain physiology and psychological behavior
- Psychology in connection to perception and the senses
- Sleep and different conscious states
- Theories and experiments about conditioning
- Memory development and cognitive abilities
- Stress and emotional states of being
- Psychological and physiological motivational strategies
- Child behavior and psychological development
- Personality traits, types, and theoretical approaches
- Connections between individuals and social behaviors
- Mental illness and disorders
- Therapeutic treatments and medication
- Techniques for approaching the AP psychology exam
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Promoting Low Cost Textbooks for Community College Students
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Where to Find Free and Low-Cost Textbooks
- Win Free Textbooks for a Year
- Enter To Win Free Textbooks for a Year
- Can Open Education Save Students From Expensive Textbooks?
- Build-Your-Own Textbooks Could Save Students Hundreds
- Top Tips to Save Money on Your College Textbooks
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses