- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 101
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Full Spanish Alphabet: Pronunciation & Audio
This course can be found in: AP Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ AP study guides, and 3,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryReview AP Spanish concepts with this self-paced AP Spanish Language and Culture: Exam Prep course. The course's short lessons and quizzes can help you prepare for the AP Spanish exam, and it can also benefit anyone who wants to get ahead in a Spanish class or improve their basic Spanish skills.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related AP Courses
About This Course
Check out this course's simple and engaging lessons to strengthen your knowledge of the Spanish language and culture. You'll study fundamental Spanish grammar rules and writing conventions, as well as vocabulary that's related to the cultures of Spanish-speaking countries. The course comes with a variety of listening activities, self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams that are designed to solidify your understanding of important AP Spanish topics. You can access this course at any time to prepare for the AP Spanish exam, and you can also submit questions to our subject-matter experts if you need any help with the material.
Check out our AP test prep materials! We've got AP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AP study guides to help you study, AP practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AP resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
The content of this course is closely aligned with the topics that appear on the AP Spanish Language and Culture exam. The course can help you improve your Spanish speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. When you're finished with the course, you should be able to:
- Say the Spanish alphabet
- Understand basic writing conventions in Spanish
- Recognize Spanish verb tenses
- Have basic conversations in Spanish
- Describe people and location descriptions in Spanish
- Express opinions in Spanish
- Display Spanish reading comprehension and writing skills
- Outline the geography of Latin America
- Evaluate the culture, history, politics and cultural etiquette of Spanish-speaking countries
- Define politics, science, and technology terms in Spanish
- Talk about environmental and social issues in Spanish
- Discuss Spanish family and community topics
- Translate Spanish vocabulary for art, architecture, aesthetics and beauty
This course contains 18 chapters and a total of 101 lessons. Our lessons are designed to be simple and entertaining so you can easily understand the information and enjoy the studying process. Be sure to take the accompanying lesson quizzes, chapter exams and final course assessment to memorize important Spanish terms.
AP Spanish Language and Culture Exam Information
You'll take this AP exam at the end of your year-long AP Spanish Language and Culture course. Students who perform well on AP exams may be able to earn college credit and advanced placement in their colleges/universities.
- Approximate Number of Questions: 69
- Question Types: Multiple-choice and free-response
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $94
Advanced Placement (AP) is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses