- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 57
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Basic Literature Terms in Spanish
Course SummaryThis useful online course helps you review AP Spanish literature concepts any time that's convenient. The course's lessons and quizzes can help you prepare for the AP Spanish Literature and Culture exam, and it can also help anyone who wants to study Spanish literature for class, work or fun.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
In this course, you'll find bite-sized lessons that explore the history, authors, and characteristics of Spanish literature. As you progress through the course's chapters, you'll become familiar with topics that you'll need to know for the AP Spanish Literature and Culture exam, such as Spanish literary terms, themes and time periods. Our expert instructors also analyze influential novels, poems, short stories and plays written by Spanish-speaking authors. The course comes with interactive self-assessment quizzes to help you reinforce your understanding of important Spanish literature concepts.
Check out our AP test prep materials! We've got AP courses to teach you the material, comprehensive AP study guides to help you study, AP practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational AP resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is aligned with the Spanish literature topics appear on the AP exam. The course helps you reinforce important Spanish terms, literary works, authors and more. Upon completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Define general and historical Spanish literary terms
- Translate Spanish literary terminology for narrative, poetic and dramatic genres
- Analyze themes and rhetorical figures in Spanish literature
- Discuss medieval, 19th-century, 20th-century and contemporary Spanish literature
- Recognize the characteristics of Spanish literature's Golden Age
- Summarize Don Quixote
- Identify important literary works of the Latin American Boom
- Use effective Spanish writing and composition strategies
This course provides 52 lessons that are divided into 12 chapters. As you work through the course, you can watch/read the lessons and take notes with the printable lesson transcripts. The course also comes with interactive self-assessments that allow you to practice applying your Spanish literature knowledge and comprehension skills.
AP Spanish Literature and Culture Exam Information
The AP Spanish Literature and Culture exam is a standardized test that evaluates your mastery of the Spanish concepts you learned throughout your high school AP Spanish Literature and Culture course. A high score on the AP exam could lead to advanced college placement and college credit.
- Approximate Number of Questions: 69
- Question Types: Multiple-choice and free-response
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $94
Advanced Placement (AP) is a registered trademark of College Board, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Literature Quizzes
- Flashcards - Contemporary Spanish Literature
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Flashcards - 20th Century Spanish Literature
- Flashcards - Rhetorical Figures in Spanish Literature
- Online English Literature Courses and Classes
- List of Free Online Spanish Courses and Classes
- Spanish Language and Literature
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses