- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 361
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Native American History: Origins of Early People in the Americas
Course SummaryIf you're struggling with homework or test prep in your AP US History class, try our informative tutoring course to get ahead. Use our video lessons, printable transcripts and quizzes as a mobile-friendly, self-paced study resource to help you prepare for the test or get through your assignments.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other AP US history work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn AP US history material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the settling of North America, American Revolution, Jacksonian democracy, Civil War, Great Depression, Cold War, contemporary America or any other AP US history topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their history learning
- Prefer learning history visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing AP US history
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in AP US history
- Don't have access to their history teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning AP US history simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live history tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn AP US history on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn about the first contacts with Europeans in the Americas.
- Explain how Europeans first settled in North America.
- Describe the events that led to the American Revolution.
- Discuss the American Revolution and its impact.
- Take a look at the documents that laid the foundation for the United States of America.
- Examine the state of America during the Virginia Dynasty.
- Describe the effects of Jacksonian democracy.
- Understand what life was like during Antebellum America.
- Explore the expansion of the United States and Manifest Destiny.
- Learn about the sectional crisis in America prior to the Civil War.
- Take a look at the major events of the Civil War.
- Discuss Reconstruction following the Civil War.
- Describe the impact of industrialization and urbanization.
- Examine American politics during the Progressive Era.
- Learn about American imperialism.
- Understand what American life was like during the Roaring 20s.
- Discuss the causes and effects of the Great Depression.
- Describe the major events of World War II.
- Explore the state of the world following World War II.
- Explain the causes and effects of the Cold War.
- Take a look at major American civil rights movements.
- Learn about American political events during the 1970s.
- Describe the rise of political conservatism during the 1980s.
- Examine important political events in contemporary America.
- Discuss methods for answering questions on the AP U.S. History exam.
- Learn how to write a good essay on the AP exam.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Study for AP Tests
- Test Prep
- How to Balance AP Test Prep With Your Other Schoolwork
- How to Prepare for AP Classes
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- Advice for How to Prepare for Standardized State Testing with Your Class
- EPPP Test Preparation & Resources
- NMTA Test Preparation & Resources
- CNS Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses