- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 12
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Strategic Thinking vs. Strategic Planning in Business
Course SummaryThis course provides an overview of strategic thinking processes and helps your employees use these techniques in their day-to-day work. The lessons are a great addition to any corporate training program and flexible enough to use in several different training environments.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The video lessons in this course walk your managers and other employees through the processes involved in turning strategic thinking into action items and completed products. They will learn to employ appreciative inquiry, strategic planning, and strategic mapping, among other tools, through brief videos filled with awesome original material. The lessons make great individual training modules, but are also perfect for group training events both in the office and remotely through your chosen conferencing program.
How It Works
Each video is only about five minutes long and viewable on PCs, laptops, and mobile devices, allowing your employees to complete the lessons on their schedule. The entire course is web based and self contained; your trainers will not have to move between several browser windows or applications as they provide the training to employees.
Our unique tutorial system boosts your employees' retention of key concepts with tools such as:
- Engaging graphics which are sure to hold attention
- Lesson transcripts which can be mailed or posted to reinforce lessons outside of the training environment
- Self-correcting lesson quizzes following each video to ensure employees grasped the material and act as a springboard for group discussion
- Chapter and course exams measure understanding
How It Helps
- Fosters a learned environment: Having a staff who understand the importance of acquiring, sharing, and applying new knowledge creates a learning organization where all members take an active role in meeting organizational goals.
- Encourages creativity: Employees will learn to think of original ideas to address arising issues and maximize efficiency in established systems.
- Grows talent: Your management staff will foster the unique skills of each of their employees and pull them into the decision-making process as they work through complex situations.
Strategic Thinking & Planning in Business
- The difference between strategic planning and strategic thinking
- Step-by-step model for strategic planning
- Specific business strategies
- Formulating new strategies
Applying Strategic Thinking in Organizations
- Developing strategic thinking in employees
- Making the business a learning organization
- Strategic management processes
- Strategic mapping in support of planning
- Management applications of strategic thinking
- Using the appreciative inquiry process
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Day Care Manager Classes, Courses and Training Program Info
- Day Care Teacher Training Program Information and Requirements
- Bioinformatics Course and Training Program Overviews
- Astronomy Training Programs and Courses Overview
- Automated Data Processing Training Programs and Courses
- Process Design Education and Training Program Overviews
- Online Training Programs: How Do They Work?
- HVAC Training in SC with Course and Program Overviews
- HVAC Training in Portland, OR with Course and Program Overviews
- Gaelic Training Programs, Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses