Course SummaryThis course on architectural design and history can be used by anyone wanting to learn more about architecture. The course outlines fundamental architecture concepts, and its short lessons and quizzes can help you reinforce your knowledge for exams, projects, homework and more.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This Architectural Design & History Course is filled with important foundational information about the key elements of architectural design, as well as the history of the field. You'll learn more about major architects, such as Frank Lloyd Wright, as well as modern design elements and the architecture of cities. The lessons are all brief, but informative, so you can get through a lot of information in a short amount of time. Following the lessons, you'll have a chance to test yourself on what you have learned with our assessment quizzes and chapter exams.
This course is flexible, and can benefit many different kinds of people who want to learn more about architectural history.
- Professionals who want to refresh their knowledge of the history of the field they work can use this course for licensing or continuing education purposes.
- Students looking to get help with architecture coursework or who need help studying for an exam could benefit from the short but informative lessons.
- Teachers can assign the lessons and quizzes to students for class assignments or homework.
- Casual learners who just want to learn more about the history of architecture and architectural design will find this course helpful and entertaining.
Course Topics include the following:
- Ancient empires architecture
- Architects from the 15th to the 19th century
- One of the most famous architects, Frank Lloyd Wright
- Famous architecture pieces
- Urban architecture
- Revival architecture
- Concepts and styles of architecture
- Common trends in modern architecture
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Architecture Quizzes
- Learn Architecture
- Architecture Studio Design Course Information and Overview
- Online Architectural Design Courses and Training Info
- Architectural Engineering Courses and Classes
- Overview of Courses for Architectural CAD Technicians
- Online Architectural Engineering Classes and Courses
- Information Architecture Course and Class Overviews
- Architecture Computer Software Courses and Classes
- Boston Schools for Architecture Degrees and Courses
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses