- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 251
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Cave Painting Lesson Plan
Course SummaryThese useful lesson plan outlines and related resources can help you teach your students about artists and art history. Use this course to develop your lessons and spark your students' interest in a variety of art history topics.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course provides art history teachers with useful lesson planning resources and teaching supplements. Take a look inside the course to find lesson plan outlines that cover famous artists, artistic styles, art movements and other important topics in the study of art history. You'll also find related lessons and assignable quizzes that you can easily integrate into your classroom.
How It Works
Access these resources whenever you need to design an art history curriculum, get ideas for new lessons or enhance your existing lesson plans. Our detailed lesson plan outlines come with related lessons that you can share with your students in class. The included quizzes can be used in class or assigned as homework. Also, the flexible online format of this course allows you to access these resources on any computer or mobile device.
The course includes:
- Convenient lesson plan outlines that cover famous artists and important artistic movements
- Related lessons that you can integrate into your classroom instruction
- Multiple-choice quizzes that you can assign to your students and evaluate their understanding of art history
- 24/7 access to these resources and an interactive course Dashboard to help you navigate to the lesson plans and classroom materials
How It Helps
- Lesson planning: Offers convenient and accessible lesson plan outlines to help you streamline and simplify your art history lesson planning process
- Student engagement: Engaging lesson supplements help you to capture and hold your students' interest in art and art history
- Curriculum standards: Ensure your classroom lessons, assignments and activities meet educational standards
In this course, you'll find lesson plans for the following:
- Early art history
- Pop art
- American artists
- Famous artists and sculptors
- Impressionist painters
- Modern artists
- The history of modern art movements
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Free Online Resources for Art History Students
- Art Lesson Plans
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- What Can You Do With a PhD in Art History?
- Visual Artist Career Video for Art and Graphic Design Students
- Online Art History Courses with Class Descriptions
- Egyptian Art History Degree and Course Information
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Art History Graduate Programs
- List of Free Online Art Courses, Lessons and Tutorials
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses