Course SummaryThis Art & Music Lesson Plans course is intended to help you introduce your students to the beauty of music and art. The tools and ideas presented here will become a valuable addition to your normal classroom instruction.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This course was designed by teachers who understand your needs and those of your students. You will find lessons that cover a vast array of topics in art and music, including hands-on projects that you can incorporate as activities to keep your students actively engaged. Chapters will help you plan lessons regarding the history of art, important movements such as Pop Art and New Realism, Renaissance art and the lives and important works of such artists as Louise Nevelson, Andy Warhol and Vincent Van Gogh. You will gain assistance in developing lesson plans regarding the mechanics of art and drawing including contour drawing, the use of the color wheel, and much more.
How It Works
These quick little lessons will fit easily into your busy schedule, and the convenient online platform allows you to review these resources in any location and from any device that provides access to the Internet. You can work from your desktop, laptop, notebook or tablet computer, or even from your smartphone.
This course offers you:
- Brightly written, engaging lessons
- Assessment quizzes
- Ready access to expert instructors
- Well-researched information designed by teachers for teachers
How It Helps
- Review instructional strategies: By working through these chapters, you can refresh your skills in teaching about art and music and find new ways to present them to your students.
- Discover lesson plan ideas: You can build on the lesson plan ideas presented here to develop additional lessons of your own design.
- Broaden your students' horizons: By adapting these lessons, you gain new strategies to help you introduce your students to cross-cultural influences on music and art.
- Keep students engaged: Hands-on creative project ideas help you guide your students as they create works of art in class, making studying art fun and exciting.
|Art Lesson Plans|| The seven elements of art|
Still life drawing and photography
|Elements of Art Lesson Plans|| The color wheel|
Monochromatic painting and how to use color
One- and two-point perspective
|Classroom Art Projects|| What 'collage' means and how to create one|
Steps for designing a family tree
How to keep an art journal
Topics for art history essays
|Famous Artists Lesson Plans||The lives and works of Van Gogh, Andy Warhol, Louise Nevelson and other famous artists|
|Art History & Movements Lesson Plans|| Illuminated manuscripts|
Renaissance and Pop art
New Realism and artistic movements
|Cultural Art & Music Lesson Plans|| Japanese origami|
Forms of aboriginal, Native American, and African art and music
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Careers Involving Art & Music
- Top Schools for Musical Art
- Should I Play Music in My Classroom?
- Music Lessons for Non-Musicians
- Doctor of Musical Arts: Music Education Degree Overview
- Music Professions Video: Becoming a Professional in the Musical Arts
- Musical Arts Colleges and Schools: How to Choose
- Musical Arts
- Changing Lives Through Music Education: Charles Lewis Introduces Ethos Music Center
- Online Art Courses: How Do They Work?
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses