- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 45
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Relationship Between Instruction & Assessment
Course SummaryRefresh your understanding of educational assessments with this helpful Assessment of Learning for Teachers course. These flexible, engaging lessons and quizzes can help you complete professional development training or learn new assessment strategies for use with your students.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding educational assessment material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and put this information to use in your own classroom. You're in the right place if you:
- Want to learn more about assessment types, assessment planning, testing reliability and validity, score analysis, grading policies or any other educational assessment topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about educational assessments.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Require assessment strategies for students with learning disabilities or learning differences.
- Prefer to complete professional development training online.
- Want quick and easy access to extra teaching resources while at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Test Your Course Mastery: Use the Assessment of Learning for Teachers final exam to see how much of the material you've absorbed.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How have assessments changed over the years?
- What roles do assessments play in the learning process?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of various assessment types?
- How do I incorporate assessments into my lesson planning?
- What is Bloom's taxonomy and how is it used?
- How are assessments sometimes misused?
- What factors should I take into consideration when preparing an assessment?
- How are standard deviations and bell curves used to interpret student performance?
- What problems are associated with basing grades on ability, progress or effort?
- How is a grading rubric used?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- The Benefits of PLA: Prior Learning Assessments
- What Is a Career Assessment?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- New Jersey State Assessments
- Master's Degree Programs in Educational Assessment
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- M.Ed. in Educational Assessment & Evaluation: Degree Overview
- Undergraduate Health Assessment Course Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses