- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 60
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
Course SummaryGet ready for ASSET Intermediate Algebra Test by using our helpful study guide. These engaging video and text lessons can help you master all the topics you'll find on the exam, and the multiple-choice quizzes show you which subjects you need to study further.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About this Course
This course was composed to be a comprehensive overview of the material you will see on the ASSET Intermediate Algebra Test. In it, our professional instructors will demonstrate how to complete problems with graphs, polynomials, linear equations, radical expressions and rational expressions. Watch these lessons to prepare for exam questions that may assess your understanding and skills in solving problems with:
- Graphs, coordinate planes and parabolas
- Factoring in algebra
- Polynomials and binomials
- Linear equations and systems of linear equations
- Radical expressions
- Rational expressions
- The slope and distance formulas
- Linear equalities
About the Exam
Many community and technical colleges use the ASSET Intermediate Algebra Test when making curriculum placement decisions that will better ensure the success of their students. It is often taken as part of a student success program or college freshmen orientation program. The test is composed of 25 questions that you will be asked to complete in a 25-minute testing session.
Preparing & Registering for the ASSET Intermediate Algebra Test
To review the material covered in this exam, watch the lesson videos and then read the lesson transcripts that accompany them to fortify your retention of the information presented. Following these lessons, take the lesson quizzes to discover the topics you don't understand and reinforce your understanding with the video tags. These video tags will help you review these topics by taking you to the parts of the lessons that explain them. These lessons and assessments are organized into subject specific chapters. After you've completed a chapter, be sure to take the practice chapter exam to determine how well you understand the general topic of that chapter.
If you are registered to take part in a student success program or a college orientation program, college officials will administer the ASSET tests they want you to take. If the school or program you are interested in wants you to take one of the ASSET exams before enrollment, visit your adviser or counselor for further instruction.
Scoring the ASSET Intermediate Algebra Test
After you take ASSET Intermediate Algebra Test, a counselor or adviser will go over your results with you and help you determine what courses you need to take to best ensure your success. Your score will represent how well you understand:
- Elementary Algebra: 5 questions
- Intermediate Algebra and Coordinate Geometry: 16 questions
- College Algebra: 4 questions
Which will test your skills in:
- Factoring to find the solutions of polynomial equations
- Solving and graphing linear equations
- Completing operations with radical and rational expressions
- Using the distance formula
- Finding the slope of a line
- Solving linear inequalities
- Simplifying radicals
ASSET Intermediate Algebra is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Not Ready for a Real-Life Jurassic World? Study These Subjects to Prepare
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Best Study Guides, People's Choice Awards
- People's Choice Nominees: Best Study Guides
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- What Can You Do With a Masters in International Studies?
- Master of Advanced Studies
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses