- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 116
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is the Correct Setup to Solve Math Problems?: Writing Arithmetic Expressions
Course SummaryAs you prepare to take the ASSET Numerical Skills test, let us help you get ready with this engaging study guide. Our video and text lessons cover all the topics you'll find on the exam, and our short quizzes help you see how you'd do on test day and where you need to focus your study.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The course contains a lot of helpful information that is going to get you ready quickly for the ASSET Numerical Skills test. Using all of the chapters and lessons in this course, you can strengthen your knowledge of math-related concepts. Our study guide contains a lot of resources that will help you expand on your knowledge of:
- The process of working with decimals, percents, ratios and proportions
- Word problems and inequalities
- Finding the square root
- Whole numbers and math formulas
- Dealing with fractions and operations
- Factoring composite and prime numbers
- Absolute value definition and solving absolute value equations
- Definition and examples of scientific notation
- Solving mixed number problems
- Parentheses rules and examples
About the Exam
The ASSET Numerical Skills test is a 32-item exam that covers two subject areas which include arithmetic and pre-algebra. The entire exam lasts around 25 minutes. It is designed to gauge your understanding of numerical skills as well as your ability to perform operations with decimals, fractions and whole numbers, just to name a few.
ASSET Numerical Skills Test Preparation & Registration
Thanks to this interactive study guide, you can examine topics that are going to be addressed on the ASSET Numerical Skills exam. Video lessons make learning engaging, so you can readily retain the math-related information that you pick up. Some of the important topics that you will examine in depth include using decimals, basic math operations and absolute value. You will also have the chance to learn how prime and composite numbers are factored and to understand components of different math formulas.
You have three options when it comes to getting your scores. These include self-score answer documents, microcomputer database system or machine-score answer documents. The exam is given in standard paper-and-pencil format, and you can register by going online. Immediate score reports are available to you. Nearly 400 community and technical colleges use the ASSET.
ASSET Numerical Skills Test Scoring
The test results from the ASSET Numerical Skills test will show up based upon the option you selected when you first registered. Only correct answers will count toward your score. For the numerical skills portion of the exam, you must score above 34 in order to exhibit a high level of mathematical abilities.
Number of questions: 25
Exam topics covered: Reviewing math formulas, calculating taxes, basic math operations, dealing with word problems and using percents
What you'll study: This engaging study guide will help you master topics such as identifying the steps used to solve word problems, understanding arithmetic and whole numbers, converting percent notation to fraction notation and evaluating different types of math formulas.
Number of questions: 7
Exam topics covered: Absolute value, working with decimals, prime and composite numbers, solving square roots and understanding fractions
What you'll study: Use this study guide to review the process of solving absolute value equations, ordering and comparing decimals, finding the square root of a number, simplifying square roots, calculating the square root of perfect squares and identifying prime and composite numbers.
ASSET is a registered trademark of the ACT, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- How to Study for AP Tests
- Can Music Help Children with ADHD Focus While Studying?
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Not Ready for a Real-Life Jurassic World? Study These Subjects to Prepare
- Autism Studies Abroad Help Back Home
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses