- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 35
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Absolute Magnitude Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryHelp your elementary school students review basic astrophysics concepts with this convenient online course. The course's fun lessons and quizzes can help your students study for exams, complete science homework, catch up in class and earn better grades.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This comprehensive astrophysics course is designed for elementary school students who need to learn/review important topics related to cosmology, the sun, nebulas and more. Our expert instructors have crafted these lessons to be simple, straightforward and fun. Students can watch and read through these lessons at their own pace, and each lesson comes with a short quiz to help them reinforce their understanding of key astrophysics terms and concepts. Parents and teachers can assign these lessons and quizzes at any time, using virtually any device that has an Internet connection.
How It Works
- Parents, teachers and students can use the course dashboard to navigate to the chapter topics they want to review.
- The course is broken up into topical chapters that each contain video and text-based lessons.
- Lesson-specific quizzes and chapter exams are included to help check students' understanding of the material.
- Students have the ability to submit questions to our instructors if they need any extra help.
- A final course assessment helps you evaluate your students' comprehension of astrophysics fundamentals.
Using the Course
The online format of the course offers flexibility to parents and teachers. Parents can use the course as a convenient at-home tutoring resource. Teachers can easily integrate the course's lessons into their class instruction and use the quizzes as student assessments.
The course can help your students:
- Prepare for upcoming science tests
- Get extra homework help
- Supplement science textbooks
- Engage their curiosity about stars and the universe
- The astrophysics of stars
- The sun
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Reading Comic Books May Help Students Do Better in School
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Active Listening Helps You Communicate Better with Students
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Online Computer Science Courses, Classes and Schools
- Why Students Plagiarize and What to Do When You Catch IT
- Grants Help First-Generation College Students Earn Their Degrees
- Vocational Classes Help Students Perform in Academic Subjects
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses