- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 237
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Development? - Growth, Maturation & Learning
This course can be found in: ASWB Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 4 ASWB study guides, and 300+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this study guide course to review social work assessment and intervention methods, professional practices and human development. These fun lessons and quizzes can help you become fully prepared for the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Masters licensing exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this study guide, you will have the opportunity to review details about the topics you need to know when pursuing licensure in the social work field. Studying these lessons will help you fully prepare for the ASWB Masters licensing exam. As you work through these simple lessons and practice quizzes, you'll increase your understanding of human growth and development, social work interventions, human behaviors, client advocacy, professional social work relationships and much more. Complete the course at your own pace to gain confidence before the exam, and take the included practice assessments to master the information. For your convenience, this course is available 24/7 and accessible on mobile devices.
Check out our ASWB test prep materials! We've got ASWB courses to teach you the material, comprehensive ASWB study guides to help you study, ASWB practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational ASWB resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
As you work through the course, you'll review all of the social work concepts that are included on the ASWB Master exam. The course outlines human development topics through expert instruction, and you can expect to review a variety of social work intervention and assessment methods. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Summarize abnormal development theories and principles
- Trace the physical, cognitive and social development in children, adolescents and adults
- Analyze behavioral disorders and theories
- Outline assessment methods, intervention processes and interviewing practices in social work
- Recognize effective crisis and change management techniques
- Utilize various problem-solving approaches in social work
- Compare family systems and outline the aging process
- Identify addictive behaviors, abuse and neglect
- Describe collaborative practices and social work advocacy
- Evaluate professional relationships, ethics and communications in social work
Broken into 25 chapters, this course offers 147 topical lessons that are typically less than ten minutes in length. Watch/read through the lessons online and print the lesson transcripts to take notes. Be sure to check your understanding of the material with the lesson quizzes, chapter exams and final course assessment. You can also use the course dashboard to navigate to specific topics you want to study.
ASWB Masters Exam Information
The ASWB Masters exam is a computer-based test that is used to license social workers in the U.S. in addition to the U.S. Virgin Islands and some provinces in Canada.
- Approximate Number of Questions: 170
- Question Types: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 4 hours
- Exam Cost: $230
ASWB Masters Exam Breakdown
|ASWB Masters Exam Concept||Percent of the ASWB Masters Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Human development, diversity and behavior in the environment||27%||46||97|
|Assessment and intervention planning||24%||41||21|
|Interventions with clients/client systems||24%||41||18|
|Professional relationships, values and ethics||25%||42||11|
ASWB Masters Exam Preparation & Registration
This comprehensive study guide is designed to address all of the material found in the content areas of the ASWB Masters exam. You will review how humans develop from childhood to adulthood, as well as human behavior theories and abnormal developmental issues, such as ADHD, eating disorders and dementia. You will study how social work professionals assess clients, develop treatment and intervention plans, form client relationships, identify client needs and provide support in crisis and trauma situations. Finally, some lessons are focused on the professional aspects of social work, including values, ethics, patient rights, regulations and professional development. Short lessons provide expert instruction and 24/7 accessibility, so you can review lessons when it's most convenient for you. Self-assessment quizzes allow you to measure how much you have learned and help you determine if you're ready to take the ASWB Masters exam.
You can register for the ASWB Masters exam by phone, fax or mail or by completing an online registration form. Once you have been deemed eligible to take the exam and have paid required fees, you will be sent an Authorization to Test email. You will then schedule your test date and location with Pearson VUE by phone or online. You must present two forms of ID at the testing site on the day of your exam.
The ASWB Masters Exam is developed by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) and is administered by Pearson Education, Inc., neither of which are affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Social Work Licensing Exam Requirements
- Master of Social Work Programs in Illinois
- Master of Social Work Programs in Virginia
- Master of Social Work Programs in Louisiana
- Master of Social Work Programs in Minnesota
- Master of Social Work Programs in Georgia
- Master of Social Work Programs in Chicago
- Master of Social Work Programs in Michigan
- Master of Social Work Programs in Texas
- Universities Offering a Masters Degree in Social Work
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses