- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 151
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Independent Activities for Autistic Students
Course SummarySpecial education teachers can access this course at any time to learn new teaching strategies for instructing students with autism. The course is designed to help you improve your instructional skills and better accommodate students who have autism.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Take a look inside this comprehensive special education course to learn useful autism teaching strategies. Through a series of short and simple lessons, you'll review information regarding autism awareness and inclusion, as well as sensory-related issues and strategies for developing or improving your students' skill sets.
How It Works
This course is available at any time, and it can be accessed on any device that has an Internet connection. You can work through the course's short and simple lessons at your own pace. Self-assessment quizzes are also included to help you retain the topics you study.
The course includes:
- Engaging, simple and to-the-point lessons
- Intuitive navigation to specific autism teaching strategies
- Lesson transcripts for offline study
- Quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam to help you reinforce your understanding of these instructional strategies
- Expert special education instructors who are happy to answer any questions you may have
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: You'll become more aware of the sensory issues that special education students experience.
- Student achievement: Incorporating the course's resources can improve your students' life, academic and social skills.
- Improves special education instruction: The course helps you strengthen your instructional skills for autism awareness and inclusion.
- Understanding important sensory issues in autism
- Helping autistic students improve their listening and attention abilities
- Strengthening autism awareness and including autistic students in class
- Teaching life, academic and social skills to students who have autism
- Addressing behavior and self-improvement concepts in autism
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Teaching Special Education - Autism
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Special Education Course Information
- Special Education Teaching Degree in Atlanta with Course Overviews
- Special Education Teaching Courses in Houston, TX with Degree Info
- Online Classes in Special Education Teaching with Course Descriptions
- Matching Students to the Right Course
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Autism Studies Abroad Help Back Home
- Distance Education Courses That Can Help Teachers Relocate Easily
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses