- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 11
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Business Law? - Definition & Overview
Course SummaryThis course teaches employees about business laws that define business entities, protect consumers, regulate employer-employee relationships and more. These engaging lessons and assessments help your employees to better understand and adhere to these laws.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Have your employees complete the activities of this corporate training course to improve their understanding of the laws that govern business operations and protect consumers, employees and business alike. Employees can watch these videos to learn about the different types of business laws before taking the lessons quizzes and chapter exam to test their understanding of these laws.
This is an HR Certification Institute approved course, allowing you to earn continuing education credit through HRCI. This course is eligible for 1.5 credit hours (business credit type).
How It Works
These videos are short, engaging and taught by professional instructors who understand the laws that govern business. Since they are online, your employees can view them from their workstations, in a conference room or on a mobile device while traveling. The quizzes can be printed off and used as worksheets to guide your employees' review of the business laws, or they can be taken online and used to test their comprehension.
A few training features include:
- Effective organization of the material into chapters and lessons
- Short, engaging lessons that categorize laws by their different types
- Versatile lesson quizzes that can be used to assess comprehension or start group discussions
- A chapter final exam that tests employees understanding of business laws
- Video tags that your employees can use to review particular laws when the need arises
How It Helps
- Educates employees: Employees who have a basic understanding of the laws and regulations that relate to the operation of a business can make sure that these laws are followed.
- Builds awareness: Your employees learn about the laws that govern employer/employee relationships which helps them understand their rights as an employee and know what to do if their rights are violated..
- Explains violations of intellectual property: Plagiarism is a major concern in today's society, in this course your employees will learn about the laws that protect intellectual property and how to protect their ideas through trademarks, copyrights and patents.
Business Law Terms
- Overview of business law
- Types of business entities and their legal protections
- Differences between real and personal property
Major Laws Affecting Businesses
- Consumer protection laws
- Employment law
- Common law and uniform commercial code contract laws
- Antitrust laws
- Intellectual property laws
- Tort laws
- Securities law
- International laws regulating trade
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses