- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 272
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Telling Time in French
Course SummaryStrengthen your understanding of basic French with this mobile-friendly help and review course. The course offers short lessons and self-assessments that can help you boost your performance in a French class, study for an upcoming exam or improve your personal French skills.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding the fundamentals of French will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding basic french vocabulary, grammar, sentences, and other related topics.
- Need an efficient way to learn basic French.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra French learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Read fun lessons, reviewing as needed.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Basic French final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Read lessons on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are the essentials of French vocabulary?
- How can I become familiar with basic French spelling and pronunciation?
- What are some basic French nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs?
- How do I navigate French sentence structure?
- What common French expressions should I learn about?
- What's the grammar behind French verb tenses and conjugation
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- French Classes and Courses Overview
- Online French College Courses and Classes Overview
- List of Free Online French Language Lessons and Courses
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Help Desk Analyst Courses and Classes Overview
- Learn French Translation: Course and Training Program Information
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- French Studies
- Personal Trainer Classes and Courses Overview
- Personal Banker Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses