- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 109
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Geometry?
Course SummaryImprove your knowledge of basic geometry with this help and review course. These lessons can help you quickly review math material help you prepare for class, study for an exam or finish a homework assignment.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from basic geometry will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding measurements of lines and angles, properties of geometric shapes and constructions, perimeter, circumference, and area, or any other geometry topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn geometry.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra math learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Basic Geometry final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How do I measure an angle with a protractor?
- What are obtuse, acute, and right triangles?
- What are polygons?
- How can I find the number of diagonals in a polygon?
- How do I classify triangles?
- What is a rhombus?
- How do I calculate the diameter and circumference with pi?
- How can I identify similar triangles?
- What is the pythagorean theorem?
- How do I construct an angle bisector?
- How can I find the surface area of a cylinder?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Using Timers to Help Kids with ADHD Finish Their Homework and Chores
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How To Help Your Kids With Homework When You've Got Your Own
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Help Desk Analyst Courses and Classes Overview
- How Materials for the Arts Helps Teachers
- How Accepting Late Assignments Helped My Students
- Autism Studies Abroad Help Back Home
- 5 Ways Tech Can Help You Prepare for the SATs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses