- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 11
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Accounting? - Purpose, Importance & Relationship to Business
Course SummaryUse our lessons and quizzes to teach your employees basic principles and practices of accounting to improve the quality of their work. These engaging lessons, available for viewing anytime, provide tools usable in your corporate training program.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Accounting is a vital responsibility in any organization, no matter its size. This course outlines the key concepts and principles of accounting and informs your employees about the ethics, technology and purposes of accounting. You can use these lessons as part of a group corporate training program or have your employees watch them alone as their schedules permit.
How It Works
This course is divided into chapters, each containing a series of video lessons that are 5-10 minutes in length. They can be watched one at a time or sequentially and are available on a computer or mobile device.
Useful features in this course include:
- Entertaining lessons designed and taught by experts in the field
- Lesson transcripts that let you read along with the instructor
- Video tags that link to key points in the lesson
- Lesson quizzes that promote discussion among your employees
- A chapter exam covering fundamental terms and principles of accounting
- A chapter exam that looks at accounting practices, including ethics, the duties of an accounting department and the accounting cycle
- An end-of-course exam that covers all the topics this course covers
How It Helps
- Educates employees: Completing these lessons and quizzes ensures that employees have the same basic knowledge of accounting practices and principles. This can prevent misunderstandings and save time spent in explanations.
- Defines responsibilities: Learning about the duties and responsibilities of an accounting department can help your employees understand what is expected of them and organize the department in the best way to complete these tasks.
- Reduces liability: Your employees learn about ethical accounting practices. Educated employees are less likely to unknowingly commit infractions.
Fundamentals of Accounting
- Definition and purposes of accounting
- Differences in accounting and bookkeeping
- Accounting disciplines
- Major accounting principles
- Key terms and phrases
- Ethics in accounting
- External and internal users
- Accounting technology
- GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- The accounting cycle
- Responsibilities of an accounting department
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Accounting Quizzes
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Basic Math Quizzes
- Typing Practice, Skill Development and Training Lessons
- Corporate Accounting Degree Program Information
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Corporate Security Training Programs and Requirements
- Online Training Programs: How Do They Work?
- Quality Control Training Programs and Requirements
- Corporate Accounting: Adult Education Program Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses