- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 31
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Role Model? - Definition, Importance & Example
Course SummaryHelp your company's supervisors become more effective role models with this corporate training course. These corporate training lessons can be used within company training sessions or assigned to your supervisors to complete at any time, and the course material is accessible on any computer or mobile device.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This online professional development course is intended for supervisors who want to become effective role models for their employees. The course's bite-sized lessons and self-assessments help your managers review the qualities of workplace role models, the importance of self-awareness in mentorship and the roles/responsibilities of workplace role models. The course is accessible on any Internet-connected device, and your managers can submit questions to the course instructors if they need any extra help with the material.
How It Works
The lessons are available to study at any time, and the course can be used during managerial training sessions. Managers can also review the course material on their own time.
Using the course is easy:
- Bite-sized lessons help managers quickly review information about work place role models
- Quizzes and chapter exams allow managers to check their understanding of the material
- Expert instructors can answer any questions your supervisors may have about workplace leadership and mentorship
- A final exam ensures comprehension of important role model concepts
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The course helps managers cultivate an awareness of the characteristics of workplace role models.
- Strengthens self-awareness: Your managers will be able to understand why self-awareness is an important part of being a role model.
- Improves role model skills: Managers will be able to apply the course's strategies to become more effective and helpful role models in the workplace.
After finishing the course, your company's supervisors should understand the following:
- The purpose and characteristics of role models in the workplace
- Leadership and mentorship for workplace role models
- The importance of self-awareness as a role model
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Personal Computer Training Programs and Courses
- Corporate Security Training Programs and Requirements
- Online Time Management Courses and Training Programs
- Computer Applications Courses, Classes and Training Information
- Business Computer Applications Courses and Training Programs
- Online Accredited Computer Courses and Training Programs
- Online Computer Networking Courses and Training Information
- Online Computer Operation Course and Training Information
- Corporate Training Specialist: Job Description and Requirements
- Corporate Event Planning Training and Education Programs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses