- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 15
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Groups in Organizations: Formation & Types
Course SummaryUse this corporate training course to help your employees attain the skills needed to contribute to your company's team environment. Each lesson comes with a brief assessment quiz that can be used to measure employees' mastery over the topics presented.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
In today's business world, the role of teamwork cannot be understated. Well-functioning teams can accomplish more goals and objectives faster, solve problems creatively and provide motivation to each team member. In this course, new and experienced employees alike will learn what it takes to be an effective team member. Our lessons focus on group development, characteristics of successful teams and how individuals can contribute in a team environment.
How It Works
Instructors, all experienced business professionals, take the big concepts involved in being an effective team member and break them into easy to grasp components to enhance your employees' learning experience. Each lesson lasts about five minutes and can be watched in the office or on-the-go on a laptop or mobile device.
Helpful training features include:
- Instructors who use a conversational tone and fun visuals to keep your employees engaged
- Timelines with clickable links for quick access to listed topics within the video lessons
- Lesson quizzes for employees to check their comprehension of teamwork skills and concepts
- A chapter exam covering group development, characteristics of effective teams and teamwork skills
- A chapter exam on an individual's contributions to a team and roles of group members
- A final exam that allows you to see how well your employees grasped the materials taught in this course
How It Helps
- Promotes accountability: Course lessons demonstrate how each individual within a team contributes to the success of their team so employees better understand their roles.
- Details the meaning of teamwork: Employees will know the stages of team development and the skills necessary to make a team successful.
- Boosts team cohesion: Employees who can identify the dynamics of teamwork and their own roles within a team will better understand how to create stronger, more productive teams.
Building Effective Teams
- Types of groups
- Stages of group development
- Analysis of work teams in business today
- Key characteristics of effective teams
- Teamwork skills
Team Member Contributions & Interactions
- Characteristics of team players
- Benefits of workplace collaboration
- Expectations, perceptions and conflicts in groups
- Group decision making
- Individual contributions to a team culture
- How to build a cohesive team
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- Overview of the Skills Needed to Become a Library Helper
- How Company Culture Can Help You Retain Employees
- 3 Soft Skills That You Should Make Sure All New Employees Have
- 4 Signs Your Employees Are Bored By Your Training Program & How to Engage Them
- What Employees Want in a Relocation Package
- 5 Techniques That Can Help You Improve Your Employees' Ability to Learn
- What Skills Are Needed to Be a Doctor?
- Typing Practice, Skill Development and Training Lessons
- Should I Become a Corporate Lawyer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses