Course SummaryThis ''Beowulf'' Study Guide is the simplest way to master information about the language, characters, literary devices and other elements of this piece of Old English literature. Use these short lessons as a supplement for your literature class studies, to prepare for tests or to help with a project.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help reviewing Beowulf material quickly will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Need an efficient way to learn about literature
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools
- Want an organized resource to help study for an exam
- Feel overwhelmed trying to memorize large amounts of information
- Struggle to identify the most important facts in your literature class
How It Works:
- Watch all the fun videos in the course to learn important information.
- Review lessons as needed to strengthen your comprehension.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your knowledge with lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Review only the information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Beowulf Study Guide final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll cover these key topics:
- Literary and historical context of Beowulf, including poetry of the Anglo-Saxons
- J. R. R. Tolkien's translation of Beowulf, among numerous others
- Overview of the figurative language, metaphors, similes and additional literary devices utilized in Beowulf
- Literary analysis of Beowulf with examples of loyalty, Christianity, and revenge throughout the poem
- Introduction to the many characters and the setting of the story
- Detailed summation and analytical look at the different parts of this poem
- Examination of important quotes demonstrating strength, honor, pride, and many other characteristics and actions
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- English Literature Masters Degree Program Information
- Career Information for a Degree in English Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature Major: Information and Requirements
- Top Schools for English Language and Literature
- English Literature Courses and Classes Overview
- Online English Literature Courses and Classes
- Online Masters in English Literature: Program Info
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- GED Literature Test: Information and Requirements
- Career Information for a Degree in Celtic Languages and Literature
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses