- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 53
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Big Data? - Definition, Concepts & Uses
Course SummaryIn this collection of lessons, you can learn how to more effectively analyze big data, including instruction on data mining, data management and more. Our team of experts can help you quickly improve your big data skills for academic, professional or personal uses.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Big data refers to the copious amounts of information that can be gathered through technology and other methods. Often this type of data needs special to tools to interpret it. This course helps you expand your knowledge and develop your skills in regards to big data, including fundamentals, applications, management, and database systems. You'll find short, focused lessons that help you learn new concepts to master these technical skills. Whether you want to be a better job applicant for data management positions, or if you want to train your staff members to perform data mining procedures, the tools and resources available in this course can help you quickly reach your goals.
With the lessons available in this course, you can build your skills and learn how to do the following:
- Identify big data basics
- Show how applied big data works
- Relate the fundamentals of data mining
- Establish the premises of data quality management
- Outline database architecture and management systems
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses