- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 145
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Parent Function in Math: Definition & Examples
Course SummaryIf you use the Big Ideas Math Algebra 2 textbook in class, this course is a great resource to supplement your studies and prepare for exams. The course covers the same important algebra concepts found in the book, but uses short videos that make the algebra lessons easier to understand and more fun to learn.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone using the Big Ideas Math Algebra 2 textbook in class can benefit from this companion course. You'll learn about algebra faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Find the chapter within this course that corresponds to the one you're studying in the Big Ideas Math Algebra 2 Textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the algebra topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding of each lesson.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Big Ideas Math Algebra 2 fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like dividing polynomials and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will be able to learn all the algebra topics in the textbook with this engaging course, including:
- Linear and quadratic functions
- Quadratic equations and complex numbers
- Polynomial Functions
- Rational functions, rational exponents and radical functions
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
- Sequences and series
- Trigonometric Ratios
- Data analysis and statistics
Big Ideas Math is a registered trademark of Larson Texts, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- List of Free Online Algebra Courses and Lessons
- Algebra 2 Worksheets
- Algebra 2: Coursework Overview
- Algebra 1: Summary of Coursework
- Learn Effective Communication: Classes and Courses
- GED Algebra Exam: Training and Preparation Information
- Natural Resource Management Courses and Classes
- Music Video Director Courses and Classes
- Video Production Courses and Classes Overview
- Digital Video Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses