- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 53
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the Different Types of Numbers?
Course SummaryIf you use the Big Ideas Math: A Common Core Curriculum 7th grade textbook in class, this course is a great resource to supplement your studies. The course covers the same important 7th grade math concepts found in the book, but uses short videos that make the math lessons easier to understand and more fun to learn.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Big Ideas Math: A Common Core Curriculum textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How it works:
- Identify the chapter in your Big Ideas Math: A Common Core Curriculum textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Big Ideas Math: A Common Core Curriculum textbook companion course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the math topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why it works:
- Fun Content: These videos make learning math fun with engaging animation and real world examples.
- Great Instructors: The lessons use exceptional educators who can take a concept like probability and make it easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Rational numbers
- Algebraic expressions and linear equations
- Ratios, rates and proportions
- Percents: increase, decrease and discounts
- Construction and scale drawings using angles triangles, and quadrilaterals
- All about circles
- Surface area and volume of prisms, pyramids and cylinders
- Probability and statistics
Big Ideas Math: A Common Core Curriculum is a registered trademark of Larson Texts, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 7th Grade Math Worksheets & Printables
- College Math Courses and Classes Overview
- What Are Some Structured (not Automated) Online Courses Which Offer a Class Schedule, Human Graded Assignments, Teachers, and Tutors for Someone Interested in Studying College Level Math?
- What Are Some Online Colleges that Offer Short Math Courses?
- Where to Find Free Math Courses Online
- Common Core Math Standards - What Is Common Core Math?
- Common Core Math Worksheets & Printables
- Math Courses Online: Distance Learning College Math Programs
- 10th Grade Math Worksheets & Printables
- 5th Grade Math Worksheets & Printables
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses