- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 11
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Big Picture Thinking in Business?
Course SummarySeeing the big picture can sometimes be a major factor in a company's growth and success. Using these engaging instructional videos, you can help your employees understand the importance of and develop strategies for big picture thinking that can drive the success of your company.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Employing big picture thinking lets your staff strategize for the future by keeping their focus on prime goals. This course looks at the importance of big picture thinking and at the habits your managers and employees can develop to promote it. Each lesson is accompanied by quizzes they can use to assess their knowledge.
How It Works
You can set up group corporate training sessions for your managers and employees to watch this series of lessons. Group training allows them to discuss issues and share experiences. Your employees and managers can also study on their own, accessing the lessons as their schedules permit, on a computer or mobile device.
Training features this course utilizes include:
- Enjoyable lessons that average about five minutes in length
- Video tags in the lessons that make it easy to find and review key points
- Written transcripts that allow your employees to read along with the narrator
- A chapter exam that explores benefits of big picture thinking and how to overcome barriers to the process
- A chapter exam covering the attributes of strategic thinkers and how to use analytical software
- A final exam that assesses the managers' and employees' understanding of the course material
How It Helps
- Improves productivity: Companies that embrace big picture thinking often see increased productivity because their employees understand the outcomes.
- Offers options: With these lessons, your managers and employees will be exposed to many strategies for big picture thinking, including brainstorming and developing relationships.
- Overcomes problems:Your employees and managers will be encouraged to discuss obstacles to big picture thinking, such as overanalyzing and procrastination, and can look at ways to get around them.
- Develops good habits: Employees and managers will become better workers if they understand and adopt the key attributes of strategic thinkers, such as the ability to anticipate, challenge, decide and learn.
Developing Big Picture Thinking in Business
- Definition and uses for big picture thinking
- Purpose of strategic business thinking
- Benefits of big picture thinking
- Characteristics of a big picture thinker and a detail-oriented thinker
- How to overcome problems with big picture thinking
Strategic Thinking Tools in Business
- Key skills for strategic thinking
- Habits of strategic thinking
- Strategies for big picture thinking
- Big picture analytical software
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses