- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 86
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Bioethics: Areas, Issues & Human Life
Course SummaryFor an overview of fundamental bioethics concepts, check out our Biology 104 course. The course can be accessed at any time, and it can help you strengthen your bioethics knowledge for class assignments, upcoming exams, projects or any academic need.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Our Biology 104: Bioethics course is a quick and efficient way to review and learn how ethics applies to scientific advances in biology and medicine. Our engaging and fun text and videos lessons and expert instructors make these challenging topics easy for you to understand.
|Basic Concepts of Bioethics||Learn the definition of bioethics and analyze basic concepts such as medical rights, confidentiality, the Hippocratic Oath, and the four principles of bioethics.|
|Ethical Theories in Bioethics||Evaluate the principles and the importance of ethics in biology and medicine, including theories by Kant, Hobbes and Rawls.|
|Genetic Interventions & Ethics||Explain the ethical issues that surround genetic research such as stem cell research, prenatal testing and DNA sequencing.|
|Reproductive Issues & Ethics||Review the ethics behind abortions, cloning, surrogate pregnancy and in vitro fertilization.|
|End-of-Life Issues & Ethics||Focus on the information that relates to end-of-life issues in medicine, including euthanasia, physician-assisted suicide and the modern hospice movement.|
|Special Topics in Bioethics||Analyze specific bioethics topics such as paying for health care, HIV and informed consent.|
|Environmental Ethics: Animals & Ecosystems||Evaluate different environmental concerns, including speciesism, biocentrism, egocentrism and ecofeminism.|
|Environmental Ethics: Pollution, Waste & Resources||Explain the impact pollution and waste has on the environment.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Bioethics Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Bioethics Course Information
- Bioethics Masters Degree Programs with Course Information
- Project Management Classes and Courses Overview
- Access Classes, Courses and Training Programs
- Bioethics Certification and Certificate Programs Overview
- Online Cell Biology Course and Class Overviews
- Online Wildlife Biology Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Graduate Biology Courses and Classes Overview
- Help Desk Analyst Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses