- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 235
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Science Vocabulary & Concepts: Study Skills & Word Parts
Course SummaryTake this mobile-friendly course to review the concepts that are typically taught in high school biology classes. You can use this course at any time to bring up your biology grades, get ready for exams and practice answering biology questions.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About this Course
In this high school biology course, you'll study everything from basic science concepts to scientific data analysis. You'll go over molecular biology lab techniques, examine plant reproduction and study fungi. You'll find out how organisms are classified and learn about the geologic time scale and evolution. These biology lessons include practice problems for interpreting scientific data and use engaging graphics to discuss all the elements commonly taught in high school biology courses. You can move through the course in chronological order, or you can pick out just the topics you need a refresher on. You'll also find quizzes to test your knowledge of all of the concepts found in the videos.
Students, teachers, professionals and casual learners can find these biology lessons helpful.
- These lessons can help high school students finish homework assignments, catch up in biology class or study for upcoming biology exams.
- Teachers can assign lessons and quizzes as homework and use the lesson material to prompt class discussions.
- Parents can use this course as a convenient and effective tutoring solution.
- People who are simply curious about the world of biology will find this course to be a quick and convenient way to learn essential biology concepts.
- Science basics
- Enzymatic and metabolic biochemistry
- Cell biology
- Cell division
- The process of transcription and translation
- Genetic mutations
- Plant biology
- Lab techniques for molecular biology
- How to analyze scientific data
- Bacterial biology
- Vertebrates and invertebrates
- Biological system requirements
- DNA technology and genomics
- Organic and inorganic chemistry
- DNA and RNA
- Geologic time scale
- Plant growth and reproduction
- Human physiology
- Animal reproduction and development
- Ecology and the environment
- Animal behaviors and populations
- High school biology teacher resources
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can a High School Student Take a College Biology Course Online?
- Online Molecular Biology Course and Class Reviews
- Systems Biology Course and Class Information
- Wildlife Biology Course and Class Descriptions
- Online Graduate Biology Courses and Classes Overview
- List of Free Online Biology Courses and Classes
- Online Wildlife Biology Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Cell Biology Course and Class Overviews
- Online Biology Course, Class and Program Descriptions
- How to Become a High School Biology Teacher
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses