- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 214
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Biology: The Study of Life
Course SummaryThe BITSAT Exam in Biology is a computer-based online test for admission into degree programs of the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS). Use these brief lessons, multiple-choice quizzes, and a practice test to refresh your understanding of topics covered, including plant reproduction and the human respiratory system.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course helps you prepare for the BITSAT Exam in Biology by improving your understanding of topics like the cell cycle, genetics, digestive systems, human reproduction, ecology, evolution, biotechnology, and more. Our brief video lessons and self-assessment quizzes are separated by topic and include helpful details that will assist you with passing the test. Use this course to assess your understanding of the following:
- Biological diversity and the study of life
- The cell cycle, mitosis, and meiosis
- Biomolecules and enzymes
- Genetics and DNA
- Digestive and excretory systems in humans
- Respiratory system overview
- Body fluids and circulation
- Movement, control, and coordination of the body
- Human reproduction and development
- Photosynthesis and respiration
- Plant structure, function, reproduction, growth, and movement
- Evolution basics
- Ecology, biodiversity, and environmental issues
- Relationship between biology and human welfare
- Application of biotechnology
About the Test
The BITSAT Exam in Biology is an online test required for admission to integrated first-degree programs at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science. The test has 4 parts, and the mathematics/biology portion of the test consists of 45 out of 150 questions. The other parts of the test are physics, chemistry, and English/logical. If all 150 questions are answered, an extra 12 questions will be provided, if time permits. Of those extra 12 questions, 4 will be mathematics/biology questions.
All questions are objective, multiple-choice questions, with 4 choices and 1 correct answer. Test questions are selected at random from a large question bank. An expert committee will ensure question sets are of the same level in difficulty, content, and type. Calculators and logarithmic tables are not permitted. A total of 180 minutes is provided to complete all 150 test questions. Test results will be announced online upon completion of the test.
BITSAT Exam - Biology Preparation and Registration
This course provides an opportunity for you to study for the BITSAT Exam in Biology at your own pace. You can study the lessons in any order based on what you need to review. The lessons in this course are engaging and presented by subject-matter experts to ensure you understand the topics covered by the test. The short quizzes will test your knowledge of key topics and can be printed for use as a study guide. Each chapter is accompanied by a practice test, which is another way of assessing your knowledge of the information covered in the formal test.
Test registration can be handled online by visiting the Birla Institute of Technology and Science website. Test centers are available throughout India and Dubai. All test centers are monitored and activities are recorded. Each registered candidate will be required to download a hall ticket for entrance. Fingerprints and photographs will be taken on test day. Before taking the test, candidates must apply for admission to the Birla Institute of Technology and Science.
BITSAT Exam - Biology is a registered trademark of the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Is an Undergraduate Online Degree in Computer Sciences From Florida Institute of Technology Worth It?
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT): Online Programming Degree
- Online Computer Technology Degree Program Information
- Online Degree Programs in Computer Engineering Technology
- For Someone Soon Finishing a Computer Science Degree, What Are Some Online and Preferably Free Certification Tests for C# or Java?
- Plant Biology Degree Online
- Online Computer Science Degrees by Program Level
- Computer Systems Technology Degree Program Overviews
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- What Is an Online Computer Science Degree Like?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses