- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 126
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Current SI Standards in Science
Course SummaryThe BITSAT exam is a computer-based, online test for admission into degree programs at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS). These lessons, multiple-choice quizzes, and practice exam are a fast and easy way to get ready for the physics portion of the BITSAT exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course helps you prepare for the physics part of the BITSAT Exam by improving your understanding of subjects like kinematics, gravitational laws, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, optics, and more. Our lessons and self-assessment quizzes are separated by topic and include helpful details that can help you score well on the exam. Use this course to increase your understanding of the following:
- Scientific measurement
- Vectors, impulse, and momentum
- Newton's laws of motion and gravitation
- Energy and work
- Angular momentum and rotation
- Mechanics of solids and fluids
- Simple harmonic motion and oscillators
- Wave types and the Doppler effect
- Heat, electrostatics, and charge
- Electronic devices and electric circuits
- Current, magnetism, and electromagnetic induction
About The Exam
The BITSAT exam is an online test required for admission to integrated first-degree programs at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science. The test is made up of 4 different parts, with 150 total questions. The physics portion of the test contains 40 questions. The other parts of the test consists of chemistry, English/logical reasoning, and mathematics/biology. If you are able to answer all 150 questions within 180 minutes, an extra 12 questions will be provided, if time permits. Of those extra 12 questions, 4 are physics questions.
All questions are multiple-choice, requiring the selection of 1 correct answer out of 4 options. The test questions come in sets, which are randomly chosen from a question bank. Each of these sets is evaluated by a committee to ensure that the sets are equivalent in difficulty and type. Students may not use calculators or logarithmic tables on the exam. Test results are provided immediately after completing the test, while full scores are available on the BITS website once all the tests have been completed.
BITSAT Exam - Physics Preparation and Registration
These lessons allow you to study for the BITSAT Exam - Physics at your own pace. You can study any topics that you need to review, and in the order of your choosing. The lessons are information-packed, concise, and presented by subject-matter experts. The short quizzes assess your knowledge of key topics and can be printed for use as offline study guides. Each chapter is accompanied by a practice test, which is an additional opportunity to assess your knowledge of the topics covered on the physics pare of the BITSAT exam.
Test registration is available online by visiting the Birla Institute of Technology and Science website. Before taking the test, candidates must apply for admission to the Birla Institute of Technology and Science. Test centers are throughout India and Dubai. All test center activities are monitored, and each registered candidate is required to download and possess a hall ticket for entrance to the exam. Fingerprints and photographs are taken on test day.
BITSAT Exam - Physics is offered by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- GED Test Online: Overview of Online GED Programs and Exam Options
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Compass Exams
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT): Online Programming Degree
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- Online Computer Technology Degree Program Information
- Online Degree Programs in Computer Engineering Technology
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses