- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 30
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Blended Learning? - Definition & Models
Course SummaryUtilize blended learning models and their solutions in your classroom with help from the lessons in this engaging course. These teacher resources are presented by expert instructors who share strategies and methods to incorporate these models into your classroom.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
As you study the material this course, you will be presented with numerous strategies and program models to utilize blended learning techniques in your classroom. By reviewing each chapter and video lesson, you will also learn the reasons why blended learning is growing in popularity.
How It Works
Learn the reasons for incorporating a blended learning program in your teaching and how to implement it in your classroom successfully. Make use of the brief video lessons and interactive quizzes to gauge how well you understand these new teaching techniques.
This course includes:
- Detailed transcripts of each video lesson so you can follow along and review information more easily
- Lessons led by expert instructors who can effectively explain blended learning strategies
- Exams at the end of the course and each individual chapter to test your knowledge of these new teaching techniques
- Short video lessons that teach you in a way similar to a blended learning program
How It Helps
- Explains benefits: You will learn why implementing blended learning strategies can be beneficial in your classroom.
- Details the role of teachers and students: The specific duties of you and your students are outlined.
- Teaches different models: Various blended learning models will be explained in detail to help you determine which method is right for your classroom.
- Reviews implementation techniques: You will be taught different ways to implement blended learning programs in your classroom.
|Foundations of Blended Learning|| Definition of blended learning |
Differences between traditional and blended learning
Detailed explanation for blended learning's growing popularity
Strategies for implementing blended learning in the classroom
Examples of factors that influence blended learning design
Benefits of blended learning
|Blended Learning Solutions|| Role specialization in blended learning models|
Explanation of teachers as facilitators of learning
Blended learning students as active learners
Strategy of differentiated instruction
Strategies for how to use technology in a classroom
Pros and cons of classroom technology use
|Blended Learning Models|| Examples of the face-to-face model|
Definition of the rotation model
Understand flex model programs
The use of the online lab model
Students' roles in the self-blend model
Application of the online driver model
|Implementing Blended Learning Solutions|| The necessity of project-specific goals|
Different opportunities for funding of blended learning programs
Differentiate between the enterprise and portfolio blended learning approaches
Strategies used to determine which blended learning platform to use
Identify different forms of blended learning content
Understand factors that determine which devices to use for blended learning
Overview what is required for successful blended learning
|Trends & Improvement in Blended Learning|| Understand how to measure the blended learning's effectiveness|
Review the challenges related to blended learning
Mistakes in implementing blended learning
Practices attributed to a successful blended learning program
Potential trends for the future of blended learning
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How the Blended Classroom Model Intensified Student Engagement in My Classroom
- Tips for Transferring From a Classroom Teaching Model to a Blended Classroom
- Why You Should Try Blended Learning in Your Classroom
- How I Transformed My Classroom to Incorporate Active Learning
- How to Incorporate Project-Based Learning in Your Classroom
- Why You Should Use a Rotation Model in Your Classroom
- High School Calculus Teacher Incorporates Free Online Videos Into Flipped Classroom Method
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- What You Must Incorporate Into a Hybrid Classroom to Find Success
- The Downsides of Implementing a Blended Classroom
- Copyright Lawyer Job Information for Law Students Considering a Career in Copyright Law
- Entrepreneur Certificate
- Communications Technology Degree Top School for a Career in Electronic Communications Engineering - San Bernardino CA
- Online Retail Management Graduate Degree Programs
- Networking School Top School for Computer Networking and Telecommunications - St Louis MO
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses