- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 261
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Types of Problems & Problem Solving Strategies
Course SummaryThis practice and preparatory guide covers the information that you'll find on the Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT). Use the video lessons and quizzes to refresh your knowledge and prepare to take the examination.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course includes all the information that you could be tested on when you take the Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT). Use these lessons to learn more about mathematical concepts like algebra and geometry as well as scientific topics like chemistry and biology. This complete guide provides in-depth explanations of topics you're likely to see on the test, including:
- Problem solving, argument and logic skills
- Statistical, textual and graphical data analysis
- BMAT writing task instructions, including how to formulate your essay and argument
- Human and environmental biology, including cells, DNA, gene inheritance and ecology
- Atomic structure and the periodic table
- Chemistry calculations and formulas
- Organic chemistry
- Thermal physics, wave properties, electrical charges and force
- Algebra and geometry
About the Exam
The Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT) is a pen-and-paper test that is broken into three sections and takes two hours to complete. In Section One, test takers are given 60 minutes to answer 35 multiple-choice questions about data analysis, arguments and problem solving. Section Two takes 30 minutes and is comprised of 27 multiple-choice scientific knowledge questions. The last section is a 30-minute constructed response that asks exam takers to choose one question from a list of four and write a concise essay about the topic.
Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT) Preparation & Registration
By reviewing this practice and preparatory guide, you'll be introduced to the topics that are featured on the Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT). Use our concise lessons to review topics you may have learned already or to learn information that may be new to you. These lessons cover a range of topics from data analysis and statistics to genetic inheritance and DNA. You'll see how to calculate event probability and review the important concepts of chemistry, biology and physics. You'll also learn how to successfully organize an essay and support your argument on the writing portion of the test.
Registration for the test opens several months before the test date and then closes approximately two weeks before the test is given. If you are currently enrolled in a school or college, your learning institution may already be registered as an official test center. If you're not in school, you'll need to locate an authorized test center that is able to administer the test to you.
Biomedical Admissions Test (BMA) is a registered trademark of the Admissions Testing Service and is part of the Cambridge English Language Assessment, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Biomedical Degree Program Information
- Why You Should Take a Practice Test Before You Start Your Test Prep
- Biomedical Technician Career Video for Biomedical Engineering Students
- GED Practice Test Information and Resources on the Internet
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How to Prepare for College Admission Interviews
- RN Refresher Course Information
- Be a Biomedical Technologist: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Biomedical Informatics Degree Program Information
- Career Information for a Degree in Biomedical Technologies
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses