- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 30
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Customer Service Department: Role & Tasks
Course SummaryIf you are looking to train employees on how to build a customer service team, you can take advantage of this video course. Brief lessons provide details about customer service teams and customer service skills.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In order to have a company that thrives for as long as possible, your employees need to know how to build the right customer service team. This corporate training course outlines a plan for doing that. Quizzes and exams are available to help your employees gauge how much they learned from the course.
How It Works
Video lessons are available on demand, which are designed to help teach your employees about the tools and strategies used for building customer service teams. These lessons are engaging, which makes learning fun.
Some of the practical elements within this course include:
- Video lessons that contain information about customer service skills
- Chapter exams designed to assess your staff's understanding of the process of training employees
- Entertaining videos with timelines that help individuals navigate quickly through them
- A comprehensive final exam that covers all of the topics taken from each chapter
How It Helps
- Stresses cohesiveness: In order for a team to work together, they must understand what it means to be cohesive.
- Breeds effectiveness: After employees see what it takes to be an effective team, they can apply the skills learned from this course into their real-world work environments.
- Creates fast responses: This course is ideal for teaching team members about resolving customer issues quickly and keeping customers happy.
Upon completion of this course, your employees should be able to:
- Summarize how to effectively develop and recruit a customer service team and develop customer service and coaching skills within that customer service team.
- Break down the standard process in terms of resolving customer complaints, showing customer appreciation, and standard operating procedure in customer service.
- Assess and choose methods to train and motivate employees in customer service.
- Communicate and manage diversity within customer service teams.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become a Customer Service Supervisor
- How to Become a Customer Service Agent
- IT Jobs Without Customer Service
- Jobs that Require Customer Service Skills
- Courses for Aspiring Customer Service Professionals
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- Customer Service Certificate and Certification Programs
- Customer Service Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- How to Become a Customer Service Engineer: Career Roadmap
- Customer Service Degree Program Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses