- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 16
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Work Team in Contemporary Business: Definition & Analysis
Course SummaryLearn more about creating a high performance business team with this informative course. Our short, engaging lessons and quizzes introduce you to the concepts necessary to build an effective, high-performing team in your business.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Help your employees learn to build and maintain high performance work teams within your company with this entertaining video course. The chapters examine the dynamics of high performance teams, what it takes to be a team leader and the elements of communication needed to ensure high performance teams function effectively. The video lessons in each chapter average 5 minutes apiece and feature short quizzes designed to assess employees' comprehension the topics covered. Chapter exams and a final exam are also available to reinforce concepts learned.
How It Works
The lessons in this course can be tailored to your corporate training needs. If you'd prefer that employees watch specific lessons, have them choose the correct videos on the right-hand sidebar. If you'd like them to focus on one section of a lesson, have employees use the timeline below that lesson to select key topics.
Some of the training features you can utilize in this course include:
- Short video lessons that discuss strategies your employees can use to build high performance teams
- Full transcripts that allow employees to print and review lessons in their written form
- Self-assessment quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam that assess employees' comprehension of the lessons
- Mobile features allowing employees to view lessons on their smartphones or tablets
How It Helps
- Helps create effective teams: The lessons in this course can teach your employees the value of working together as a team, as well as strategies they can use to form and work as a cohesive group.
- Strengthens leadership qualities: Employees learn what it means to be a team leader and determine how their role can help their high performance teams function effectively.
- Improves workplace communication: This course explains what it means to effectively communicate in the workplace and helps employees become better communicators and listeners within a work team.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Dynamics of High Performing Teams||Learn the types and benefits of work teams, characteristics of effective teams and how to become a cohesive group using team-building activities.|
|Leading Effective Teams||Examine the roles and responsibilities of a team leader, the role of planning as a function of management, how to effectively manage a team and why team-based rewards and appraisals are important.|
|Communication in a High Performing Team||Identify the four elements of effective workplace communication, what factors contribute to ineffective communication and how team members can learn to listen effectively.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- High-Paying International Business Jobs
- Team Building Courses and Classes Overview
- Become a High Performance Engine Technician
- Performing Well in a Team Job Interview Video
- Learn Effective Communication: Classes and Courses
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Online High-Tech Degree
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): High-Tech Degree Overview
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- 5 Lessons I've Learned From Creating My College Resume
- High Demand Careers with Short-Term Training
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses