- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 19
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is a Virtual Team? - Definition & Types
Course SummaryUse this course to prepare your managers to create and lead a virtual team. Our lessons and quizzes offer training information and activities that enable your managers to direct employees from a distance.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Managing a virtual team poses special challenges. This course's chapters offer information on how to create a virtual team and develop it into a solid business entity. Each chapter is divided into multiple lessons that include quizzes that let your managers assess their learning.
How It Works
Managerial employees will watch a series of video lessons, either on their own or as part of a group corporate training session. Group training provides the opportunity for them to discuss various topics and share ideas.
Useful training features in this course include:
- Brief lessons that are packed with examples and taught by expert instructors
- The ability to contact the instructor for additional information
- Quizzes that let your managers gauge their learning
- A chapter exam on how to put together a virtual team
- A chapter exam that looks at tips for successful virtual team management
- A course exam that tests managers on all the material covered in these lessons
How It Helps
- Explores options: In these lessons, your managers will learn about types of virtual teams, such as service teams or offshore ISD teams, and see which would best fit the company's needs.
- Promotes good habits: Your managers and team members will get an overview of what successful teams do, with an emphasis on communication, so they can implement these tactics into their own virtual team.
- Provides trust-building activities: This course provides examples of activities that can help team members become more familiar with each other and develop trusting relationships.
Establishing & Organizing Virtual Teams
- Definition of a virtual team
- How to recruit a virtual team
- Tips for successful leadership
- Ways to plan and organize in a virtual team setting
Building Cohesive Teams in a Virtual Environment
- Managing expectations for virtual teams
- Trust building
- Team-building activities
- Habits of successful virtual teams
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Be a Public Manager: Course and Training Information
- Online Office Manager Course and Training Information
- Plant Manager Training Programs and Courses
- Certified Dietary Manager Course Information
- Web Content Manager: Education, Courses & Training
- Restaurant Manager Education Requirements and Training Information
- Hotel General Manager Training and Education Information
- How to Become an Information Technology Manager
- DevOps Manager: Training & Certification
- Day Care Manager Classes, Courses and Training Program Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses