- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 12
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Employee Relations? - Definition & Concept
Course SummaryTrain your managers to effectively guide and motivate employees to maximize job performance and satisfaction that will drive your company's success. Short video lessons are conveniently accessible at all times so you can easily arrange training that fits any manager's busy schedule.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The lessons in this course offer tips to ensure the managers in your company have the ability to positively interact with the employees they manage. They will learn the elements of strong manager-employee relationships, as well as the steps needed to establish those relationships. Lessons take the form of short videos that average about five minutes and are accompanied by self-assessment quizzes designed to reinforce concepts covered.
How It Works
You can use the lessons during your corporate training sessions to help managers understand what it takes to build constructive relationships with employees. Individuals can watch the videos as a group during a corporate training activity to encourage discussions on the topic, or they can view them independently on their computers or mobile devices.
A portion of the training features this course offers include:
- Short video lessons that outline ways for managers to build constructive relationships with their employees
- Lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam that reinforce strategies for building constructive relationships between managers and employees
- Full video transcripts that present each lesson in a written format
- Video timelines with clickable links that allow you to jump to specific topics within the lessons
- Expert instructors available to answer questions about the chapters
How It Helps
- Enhances leadership skills: Your managers can learn how to take a more definitive leadership role as they improve their interactions with the employees they manage.
- Improves workplace relationships: The lessons help your managers become more supportive of their employees, as well as better communicators, which helps enhance relationships throughout the workplace.
- Strengthens employee performance: As employees feel the support of their managers through respect, recognition and enhanced guidance, their job performance can improve dramatically.
Establishing Strong Manager & Employee Relationships
- The meaning of employee relations
- Reasons that building good relationships between managers and employees should always be a priority
- Why it's important to build relationships during new employee orientation
- Ways for managers and employees to develop trust
Elements of Strong Manager & Employee Relationships
- The meaning and advantages of having an open-door policy
- Using humility to build relationships with employees
- Strategies for treating employees with respect
- Ways for managers to support employees when building relationships
- How to create opportunities for employees to grow
- The definition and benefits of employee recognition
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Fit Learning Into Busy Holiday Schedules
- How to Motivate Your Employees After Performance Reviews
- Customer Success Manager: Salary & Job Description
- Personal Trainer Manager: Job Description and Requirements
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Scheduling Manager: Job Duties & Career Requirements
- Personal Trainer Video: Career Options in Athletic Training
- Truck Driver & CDL Training for Veterans
- Employee Experience Manager: Job Description & Salary
- Why Front-Line Managers Need Better Training
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses