- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 12
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Customer Relations: Definition & Concept
Course SummaryOur mobile-friendly training course contains informative videos that train your employees in areas of customer communication, marketing strategies, conflict management and other aspects of effective customer relations.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Every business, whether a small start-up or a Fortune 500 company, needs to create and nurture positive customer relationships to survive. This course discusses the building blocks vital to making those relationships happen, including developing customer relationship management strategies and boosting customer communication skills. Our compelling video lessons explain how to use these building blocks to provide effective customer service. Lesson quizzes offer an easy way for your employees to see how well they grasped the concepts.
How It Works
The video lessons in this course offer an efficient, convenient method to train your busy employees. Lessons are short, around 5 minutes per video, and can be watched anywhere, 24/7 on a laptop, smart phone or tablet.
Beneficial features of this course include:
- Spot-on video lessons taught by instructors with expertise in building successful customer relationships
- Engaging visuals to drive home the concepts and skills discussed by instructors
- A chapter exam covering relationship management concerns such as customer service and marketing technology
- A chapter exam on effective communication skills, including listening, empathy and conflict resolution
- A final exam to check how well employees mastered the information presented in this course
How It Helps
- Generates talking points for meeting customer expectations: Instructors examine what it means to manage customer relationships from understanding meaningful customer service to the impact of marketing technology.
- Builds employee listening skills: The video lessons detail how to effectively communicate with customers so they feel heard.
- Improves customer interactions: This course provides the basis for developing meaningful, customer-oriented strategies to enhance customer relationships.
Customer Relationship Management
- Key concepts of customer relations
- Characteristics of customer service
- Comparisons between market and sales orientations
- Marketing technology's role in providing appropriate customer service
Communicating with Customers
- Tools for positive interactions in a workplace
- Effective listening and empathic communication techniques
- Using distributive and integrative bargaining strategies for conflict resolution
- The necessity of guidelines when using communication technology
- Avoiding discriminatory language in business communications
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- Customer Support Management Education and Training Programs
- Marketing Management Career Training in Miami, FL with Course Info
- Train to Be a Customer Care Rep Online: Overview of Training Options
- Distance Learning Courses and Training in Marketing Communications
- Farm Management Training and Course Overviews
- Customer Service Training Manager: Salary & Job Description
- Business Communications Courses and Classes with Training Info
- Learn Effective Communication: Classes and Courses
- Network Communication Management Degree and Training Programs
- Economics Teachers Job Outlook and Requirements for Becoming an Economics Teacher
- Database Programmer Job Info and Requirements for a Career in Database Programming
- Electronic Communications Technician Job Description and Information About a Career in the Electronic Communication
- Homeland Security Degree in Baltimore
- Project Controller Job Description and Education Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses