- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 11
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Customer Service? - Definition, Types & Role in Marketing
Course SummaryHelp your employees develop strong and effective customer service skills, such as those pertaining to listening and conflict resolution, with the help of these corporate training videos. Short lessons and quizzes can be viewed at any time, from any device, and allow employees to train at their own pace.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
Good customer service, or lack of it, is one of the major qualities your customers will remember about doing business with your firm. This corporate training course focuses on 'soft skills,' such as listening, conflict resolution, humor and self-control, that are utilized to handle interactions and issues with customers. Quizzes that accompany our lessons let your employees gauge their knowledge and provide a springboard for discussion in group training sessions.
How It Works
Your employees can watch these short lessons on a computer, smartphone or tablet - anywhere they have access to the Internet. They can study alone or you can arrange group sessions that allow them to share ideas regarding soft skills in customer service.
Important features of this training course include:
- Engaging video lessons that get all your employees on the same page
- Written transcripts that offer additional information
- Flexible study times - your employees can watch as their schedules permit
- A chapter exam that explores general soft skills for good customer service
- A chapter exam covering specific skills, such as telephone and in-person service
- An end-of-course exam that lets your employees review all the material they've covered
How It Helps
- Defines customer service skills: These short lessons and quizzes show your employees the characteristics of good customer service and how to implement them.
- Explores a variety of methods:Your employees will learn about a variety of ways to serve customers, including protocols for online chats and instant messaging, as well as the more traditional means of fact-to-face contact and telephone conversations.
- Develops emotional intelligence skills: Learning what constitutes emotional intelligence can help your employees develop the empathy, conflict resolution and communication skills needed to handle all types of customer service issues.
- Promotes company unity: Completing this course together allows your employees to discuss customer service skills, share their experiences and debate issues that come up during the lessons and quizzes.
Soft Skills for Customer Service
- Importance of customer service to a business
- Interpersonal skills
- Top soft skills for customer service, such as listening and conflict resolution
- Emotional intelligence
Developing Customer Service Soft Skills
- Telephone skills
- Writing skills
- Using instant messaging and online chats for customer service
- In-person customer service
- Internal customer service opportunities
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Life Skills Training and Educational Programs: Helping to Make Strong Communities Through Social Services
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Company Culture Can Help You Retain Employees
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- 4 Signs Your Employees Are Bored By Your Training Program & How to Engage Them
- 5 Techniques That Can Help You Improve Your Employees' Ability to Learn
- Typing Practice, Skill Development and Training Lessons
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Will Mindfulness Training Help My ADHD Child?
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses