- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 12
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Skills for Building Business Relationships
Course SummaryOur corporate training course can help your employees build effective business relationships. The easily accessible video lessons and assessments are applicable in group or individual training sessions to teach employees strategies for building strategic relationships, networking, and more.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Building effective business relationships is key to the quality and influence of an employee's work. This course defines the dynamics and benefits of relationship building and shows employees how to cultivate business relationships.
How It Works
Employees watch a short series of video lessons taught by experienced instructors. Each video lasts about 5 minutes and can be viewed in the office or on-the-go using a laptop or mobile device.
Helpful course features include:
- Compelling video lessons targeting the knowledge and skills needed to build effective relationships
- Lesson quizzes that offer a quick way for employees to check their grasp of lesson materials
- Chapter exams covering the key concepts of each chapter
- A final exam that tests employees' comprehension of the main ideas and skills presented in the course as a whole
How It Helps
- Emphasizes the value of effective relationships: This course helps employees see the necessity of moving beyond merely keeping a list of contacts to nurturing beneficial business relationships.
- Enhances networking skills: By participating in this course, employees will take away an understanding of how to create a business network.
- Promotes positive business relationships: Employees will learn both what to do and what not to do to build rapport, trust and quality relationships with business associates and customers.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Strategic Relationship Building||Find out how to build and distinguish between different types of business relationships as well as discover the benefits of developing effective relationships.|
|Networking to Build Business Relationships||Learn about rapport building, using social networking and LinkedIn to establish connections, and the advantages of joining professional organizations.|
|Managing Business Relationships||Recognize the importance of understanding workplace culture, avoiding communication errors, and forging deeper, on-going relationships with stakeholders.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- Relationship Building Jobs
- Building Science Courses and Career Training Information
- Online Building Maintenance Courses and Training Programs
- Online Building Inspector Classes, Courses and Training Programs
- Commercial Building Inspector Training Programs and Courses
- 4 Signs Your Employees Are Bored By Your Training Program & How to Engage Them
- Online Relationship Counseling Degree Programs and Training
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses