- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 11
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Communicating in Team-Based Organizations
Course SummaryWorkplace success often relies on the ability of your employees to work together as a team to achieve specific goals. The short and engaging video lessons in this course are designed to help your employees understand what elements are required to build and launch a successful team.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This course includes a variety of short lessons that you can use to help your employees and managers learn about the requirements and process for building a group or team that can work together to achieve common goals. The quizzes that follow each lesson allow you to assess their comprehension or start a discussion during a corporate training session.
How It Works
The videos in this chapter average about five minutes in length and are designed to be viewed on either a computer or mobile device. You may choose to assign them to your employees to watch on their own or incorporate them within a larger group training event.
Some of the key features include:
- Engaging video lessons taught by subject-matter experts
- Embedded video tags that allow your employees to easily go back to parts that they would like to review
- Text transcripts that allow them to quickly look up vocabulary terms
- Multiple-choice quizzes that tie back to key ideas in each lesson
- Two chapter exams; one on the required elements of a successful team and another on the process of building a new team
- A comprehensive exam at the end of the course that can be used to assess your employees' understanding of the process of building and launching a successful team
How It Helps
- Builds communication channels: Teams that understand the keys to effective communication develop trust, respect and cooperation - all elements that contribute to team success.
- Develops group cohesion: After learning about the trust- and team-building activities mentioned in this lesson, your team can use the exercises to increase their group cohesion.
- Increases chances for success: Managers who understand the process of building a successful team can use these tips for forming a productive and efficient group that can work together to meet goals.
Elements of a Successful Team
- Communicating within a team
- Open communication
- Trust-building activities
- Characteristics of successful relationships
- Increasing group cohesion
Building a Successful Team
- Roles and responsibilities of a group leader
- Constructing a success work team
- Crafting a team charter
- Team goal setting
- The stages of group development
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 5 Techniques That Can Help You Improve Your Employees' Ability to Learn
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Team Building Courses and Classes Overview
- 5 Workplace Habits of Successful HR Professionals
- Flashcards - Building Teams & Work Groups
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How Online Courses Work Video
- Easy Steps to Building a Successful Employee Referral Program
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses