- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 14
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Groups in Organizations: Formation & Types
Course SummaryUse the video lessons and quizzes in this course to help your employees understand the importance of trust in the workplace and how to build it within a team atmosphere. The conveniently accessible lessons can help employees learn about effective teamwork and communications on any computer or mobile device.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Trust is a requirement for a strong work team. Your employees can get information on how to build that vital confidence in each other through the lessons in this corporate training course. Quizzes that follow each lesson let them assess their learning and can trigger discussions in a group training session.
How It Works
Employees can watch these short lessons on a computer or mobile device. The lessons average about five minutes each, and embedded video tags make it easy to return to key points that require further study. Your employees can study as a group or on their own, moving through the lessons as their schedules allow.
This training course's features include:
- Enjoyable video lessons developed and taught by expert instructors who can be contacted for personalized help
- Written lesson transcripts that allow employees to read along with the narrator
- Multiple-choice quizzes that offer an overview of each lesson's topics
- A chapter exam that focuses on types of teams, how they form and their importance
- A chapter exam covering team trust and how to build it
- At the end of the course, a final exam that tests your employees' overall command of the material covered
How It Helps
- Improves communication: Your employees will learn the listening, questioning and conversing skills needed for a team to function efficiently and honestly.
- Identifies types of groups: By knowing what types of groups exist in their workplace, your employees can learn the best methods for working with them to obtain the desired results.
- Utilizes team-building activities: Exercises can enable your employees to develop trust in their colleagues.
- Focuses on problems with trust: This course identifies workplace behaviors that undermine trust, such as dishonesty and control issues, and explains ways trust can be rebuilt.
Building a Strong Team at Work
- Types of workplace groups and how they form
- Required team communications skills
- Five stages of group behavior
- Benefits of team building
- Characteristics of effective teams
Developing Trust Within Teams at Work
- Activities to develop team trust
- The Jacobs Model
- Elements of trust
- Actions that undermine workplace trust
- How to rebuild trust
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- 5 Techniques That Can Help You Improve Your Employees' Ability to Learn
- How Company Culture Can Help You Retain Employees
- Why You Should Help Your Employees Earn a College Degree
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- What HR Can Do to Improve Trust Among Employees
- CFY Is Helping to Make Digital Learning Accessible to Students, Parents and Educators
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses