- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 50
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Bullying? - Definition, Types & Coping Strategies
Course SummaryReview this course to ensure you're prepared to pass a class, test or participate in a class discussion on bullying prevention. Engaging lessons show you how to recognize, talk about, deal with, prevent and stop bullying in schools.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Bullying is a common issue for students in and out of school. This course closely examines the meaning of bullying, why it occurs among students, types of bullying, how to prevent it and much more. Whether you're seeking information to pass a class or unit on bullying or hope to gain personal information you can use in your daily life, the video and text lessons in this course can help. Lessons are accessible anywhere you can access the Internet and can be reviewed in any sequence. Assessment quizzes are also available to test your understanding of ways students can prevent bullying.
Teachers and educators: Check with your school or district to find out if this course fulfills compliance requirements.
There are many ways students, parents and teachers can benefit from the lessons in this course.
- Students can pass their class or enhance personal interactions by reviewing lessons on bullying prevention for students.
- Lesson quizzes can help students assess their understanding of bullying prevention concepts.
- Parents can use the lessons and quizzes to help their children understand bullying prevention while gaining their own knowledge of bullying issues children face.
- Teachers can access the lessons, quizzes and tests in the classroom to strengthen their classroom discussions on bullying and assess their students' knowledge.
- Students, teachers and parents can benefit from access to the lessons from any computer, smartphone or tablet anytime, day or night.
- The Ask Our Experts feature in the Dashboard enables individuals to submit lesson topic questions to experts with a wealth of knowledge about bullying prevention.
- Understanding types of bullying
- Ways to recognize bullying and determine its effects
- Tips for talking about bullying
- Strategies for dealing with being bullied
- Basics of peer and romantic relationships among students and teens
- How to stop and prevent bullying
- Anti-bullying resources students can use
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Expert Advice on Bullying for Teachers | Bullying Prevention in Schools
- Anti-Bullying Guide | Stop Bullying in Schools
- The Story of How I Successfully Dealt with Bullying in the Classroom
- Courses and Classes in Accident Prevention
- How to Talk to Parents of a Bullied Student
- Teachers Can Be Bullied Too: My Story & How I Stopped the Bullies
- Overview of Loss Prevention Courses and Classes
- Bullying in Schools | Types & Effects of Bullying
- How Important Is IT for Your Students to Participate in Class Discussions?
- What to Do When You Have a Bully in the Classroom
- Top Ranked University with a Masters in Accounting Degree - Milwaukee WI
- MIS Degree Top Ranked School for a Degree in Management Information Systems - San Bernardino CA
- Top Accounting and Financial Management Degree Programs - Denver CO
- College Students Protest Budget Cuts and Rising Costs
- Sonogram Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses