Course SummaryLearn about operations management with this engaging Business 112 course. Watch our short video and text lessons on lean systems, scheduling and supply chain management, and then take the quizzes to prepare for an upcoming test or get a better grade in class.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Learn the fundamentals of supply chain management, the Six Sigma program, inventory management and resource planning with Business 112: Operations Management. Taught by experts in the field, these brief, engaging video lessons include self-assessment quizzes that let you test your knowledge. Have questions about a lesson? Our instructors are available to help!
|Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management||Learn what is involved in supply chain management and how it affects business operations. Study risk and managerial decision making.|
|Quality in Operations and Supply Chain Management||Get information on quality standards, the principles of quality management, quality circle, and ISO 9000 Certification. Learn about business leaders who contributed to the development of Total Quality Management.|
|Six Sigma and Operations||Examine the principles of Six Sigma and how they can boost profits. Learn about the belts and the Lean Six Sigma methods.|
|Monitoring and Controlling Quality||Study statistical process control, control charts and process capability.|
|Project Management||Find out about the stages of project planning, PERT analysis, how a project team is structured, direct and indirect costs and project crashing analysis.|
|Product Design||Take a look at how product design can impact profitability. Learn about the design process, prototyping, design tools and green design.|
|Service Design||Explore the concept of a service economy, and learn about types of service, the service design process and the four waiting line structures.|
|Operations Processes and Technology||Get information on process planning for batch and continuous processes as well as the sourcing continuum, process analysis methods and the financial justification for new technology.|
|Capacity and Facilities Design||Learn the definition of capacity and how it is measured. See what the differences are in process, product and fixed-position layouts, and how analytical tools can help make capacity decisions.|
|Facility Location Models||Get the facts on various types of facilities, site location selection, designing process, product, service and hybrid layouts.|
|Supply Chain Strategy and Design||Become familiar with the process of setting strategic goals as well as supply chain uncertainty, risk pooling and the bullwhip effect.|
|Global Supply Chain Procurement and Distribution||Learn the impact of procurement, transportation and distribution on the supply chain. Find out how to select supplies and why outsourcing is different from other types of procurement.|
|Inventory Management||Analyze the items that comprise merchandise inventory, learn about inventory control and the relationship of inventory decisions to other parts of the supply chain.|
|Lean Systems||Discover the techniques of just in time inventory, and learn about lean production, kaizen and jidoka.|
|Forecasting in Operations Management||Examine the reasons why forecasting is important in operations management and the ways to measure its accuracy.|
|Sales and Operations Planning||Go over the steps in sales and operations planning, and learn about aggregate planning and revenue management.|
|Resource Planning in Operations Management||Study the materials requirements planning system, including when it is useful and steps in the process.|
|Scheduling in Operations Management||Become familiar with the objectives of scheduling and why assignments are used. Explore the theory of constraints and how it is different from lean production and traditional scheduling.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Supply Chain Management Courses and Classes Overview
- Operations Management Courses and Classes Overview
- IT Management Classes and Courses
- Bachelor of Operations: Supply Chain Management Degree Overview
- Master of Operations and Supply Chain Management Degree Overview
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Supply Chain Management Courses in TX with Degree Summaries
- Automotive Supply Chain Management Courses and Education Programs
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Supply Chain Management
- Online Business Management Course and Class Overviews
- Associate of Specialized Business ASB Computer Information Management Degree Overview
- Online Courses to Be a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Certified Health Education Specialist Training and Certification Info
- Dressmaking Degree Program and Course Information
- School District Administrator Certification and Licensure Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses