- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 119
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Credit: Yes
Earn transferable credit by taking this course for credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Classical Leadership: Theories, Overview
Course SummaryBusiness 302: Foundations of Leadership has been evaluated and recommended for 3 semester hours and may be transferred to over 1,500 colleges and universities. With this self-paced course, you get engaging lessons, expert instructors who make even the most challenging business topics simple, and an excellent resource for getting a head start on your degree.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - Foundations of Leadership - Assignment 1|
|Lesson 2 - Foundations of Leadership - Assignment 2|
About This Course
Our Business 302 course offers you a quick and easy way to study the foundations of leadership in business. As you work through each chapter, you'll review topics such as leadership styles, management functions, conflict resolution and the traits of effective leaders. We've included lesson quizzes and chapter exams to help you check your understanding of important leadership terms, theories, skills and concepts.
You can use this course as a test preparation resource for school or as a way to get a head start on a business degree program. Working professionals can also complete the course to develop leadership knowledge. The course is accessible on any computer or mobile device, and you can study at any time that fits your schedule. Our instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have.
Your grade for this course will be calculated out of 300 points. The minimum score required to pass this course is 210 points, or an overall course grade of 70%. The table below shows the assignments you must complete and how they'll be incorporated into the overall grade.
|Proctored Final Exam||100|
Quizzes are meant to test your comprehension of each lesson as you progress through the course. Here's a breakdown of how you will be graded on quizzes and how they'll factor into your final score:
- You will have 3 attempts to take each quiz for a score.
- The highest score of your first 3 attempts will be recorded as your score for each quiz.
- When you've completed the course, the highest scores from your first 3 attempts at each quiz will be averaged together and weighed against the total possible points for quizzes. For instance, if your average quiz score is 85%, you'll receive 85 out of 100 possible points for quizzes.
- After your initial 3 attempts, you can take a quiz for practice as many times as you'd like.
- You will need to pass each quiz with a score of at least 80% to earn course progress for the lesson. However, it is not necessary to earn 80% within the first three quiz attempts.
Assignments are intended to assess your application, analysis, and critical thinking skills in relation to the concepts you learn in the course. Two assignments are required for this course. You can access them here.
- All assignment scores will total up to 100 points.
- Your assignments will be graded by a Study.com instructor.
- The instructor will provide a graded rubric for you along with feedback on what you did well and what could be improved.
- If you are unsatisfied with your score, you will be able to revise and resubmit your assignments twice. You are free to resubmit an assignment within two weeks of your most recent exam attempt or at any point if you have an active college accelerator membership.
Proctored Final Exam
The proctored final exam is a cumulative test designed to ensure that you've mastered the material in the course.
- You'll earn points equivalent to the percentage grade you receive on your proctored final. (So if you earn 90% on the final, that's 180 points toward your final grade.)
- If you're unsatisfied with your score on the exam, you'll be eligible to retake the exam after a 3-day waiting period.
- You can only retake the exam twice, so be sure to use your study guide and fully prepare yourself before you take the exam again.
Items Allowed on Study.com Proctored Exam for (Course Name)
(Here you will include either the non-math or math course list of items allowed for use with the proctored exam for the course. You will be notified for courses that have a specialized list.)
- Blank scratch paper
- Pen or pencil
Items NOT Allowed on Study.com Proctored Exam for (Course Name)
(Here you will include either the non-math or math course list of items not allowed for use with the proctored exam for this course. You will be notified for courses that have a specialized list.)
- Office programs, web browsers, or any programs other than Software Secure (including Study.com lessons)
- Textbooks (digital or physical)
- Mobile phones, headphones, speakers, TVs, or radios
- Notebooks or notes
- Any calculators
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and evaluate the characteristics and the role of leadership in the business environment.
- Analyze business leadership management methods, styles and strategies utilized in effective business leadership.
- Assess leadership practices, controls, communication skills and decision-making skills.
- Identify the relationship between business leadership and management in business.
- Discuss leadership in international and culturally diverse business environments.
- Describe how leaders resolve workplace conflict in a business setting.
- Evaluate the ethical, legal, and social responsibilities in leadership management.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Business 302 consists of short video lessons that are organized into topical chapters. Each video is approximately 5-10 minutes in length and comes with a quick quiz to help you measure your learning. At the end of each chapter, you can complete a chapter test to see if you're ready to move on or have some material to review. Once you've completed the entire course, take the practice test to see if you're ready to earn credit. Use the study tools in the course to prepare for your final exam.
The course is completely self-paced. Watch lessons on your schedule whenever and wherever you want. When you're ready, take the final exam.
How Credit Recommendations Work
This course has been evaluated and recommended by ACE for 3 semester hours in the upper division baccalaureate degree category and by NCCRS for 3 semester hours in the lower division baccalaureate degree category. To apply for transfer credit, follow these steps:
- If you already have a school in mind, check with the registrar to see if the school will grant credit for courses recommended by either ACE or NCCRS.
- Complete Business 302 by watching video lessons and taking short quizzes.
- Take the Business 302 final exam directly on the Study.com site.
- Request a transcript to be sent to the accredited school of your choice!
- Check out this page for more information on Study.com's credit-recommended courses.
|Basics of Leadership in the Workplace||Describe leadership and the roles that leaders play in a business environment. Discuss the 5 Ps of leadership analysis and explain the theories of leadership.|
|Leadership Styles & Traits||Discuss the traits of charismatic, transactional, laissez-faire, situational, transformational, participative-democratic and authoritarian-autocratic leaders. Identify the dimensions of leadership trustworthiness and leader charisma in a business environment.|
|Leadership & Management Functions||Assess the relationship between leadership and management. Identify basic management skills, functions and principles. Describe leadership power and the process of determining objectives.|
|Effective Leadership & Leadership Theories||Discuss the qualities of effective leadership, plus leadership power types, styles and theories. Explain the relevance of independent thinking and its influences on leaders.|
|Decision-Making in Leadership & Business||Discuss the decision-making process in organizational leadership, as well as the decision analysis approach to making business decisions. Identify the decision-making leadership steps and the dimensions of a leader in a business environment.|
|Communication in Leadership||Discuss the importance of leadership communication skills and assess methods that help people lead effectively. Identify the channels of communication that leaders utilize in a business environment and the elements of meeting management.|
|Ethical, Social & Legal Responsibilities of Leadership||Discuss and evaluate the role of leadership in social responsibilities, business ethics, diversity, policies and regulations. Identify the compliance-based and integrity-based code of ethics as they relate to leadership in a business environment.|
|Leading Work Groups & Teams||Analyze the leadership of teams and work groups, as well as the design of virtual teams. Discuss a team leader's role in terms of the organization of work groups and assess the importance of a leader when working as a team.|
|Managing Conflict & Conflict Resolution||Understand how leaders manage conflict situations in the workplace. Recognize sources of conflict and conflict resolution strategies. Identify types of problem-solving methods that are used in leadership, as well as various workplace conflict management methods.|
|International Business Leadership||Explain the role of a leader in a global environment and the management of an international company. Discuss a leader's global responsibilities in terms of addressing international ethical issues and settling international conflicts.|
Learn more about the College Accelerator Plan
Confirm College Accelerator Upgrade?
- Unlimited access to all video lessons
- Lesson Transcripts
- Tech support
- Practice quizzes & tests
- Tools for tracking progress
- Personalized coaching
- Access to instructors
- Certificates of Completion
- Create Custom Courses
- Earn college credit
- Take two exams per month
- Finish official exams remotely
- Learn more
By upgrading now, you will immediately have access to all features associated with your new plan. Because the change is in the middle of your billing cycle, your next charge will include the prorated amount for the rest of this month. For more info check our FAQ's.
What to Expect For the Exam
This Study.com course has been evaluated and recommended for college credit. Once you've completed this course, you can take the proctored final exam and potentially earn credit. Follow the steps below to take the exam.
Before taking the exam, all of the following requirements must be met:
|A College Accelerator Study.com membership.|
|Completed all lessons in Business 302: Foundations of Leadership course and achieved 100% Quiz Progress.|
|Not attempted to take this exam within the last three days.|
|Have available proctored exams in this month of membership.|
|Have not taken this exam three times. (0/3)|
|Complete the exam readiness quiz.|
|Please note: Assignments are required to complete this course for credit. You have submitted / required assignments for this course.|
Please meet all of the pre-requirements in the Pre-Exam Checklist in order to take the exam.
Exam Process Details
1. Register For Exam
Registering for the exam is simple. First, be sure you meet the system requirements. Next, you'll need to agree to the academic integrity policy. Then just confirm your name and the exam name, and you're ready to go!
2. Download Software Secure
You'll receive an unique access code. Please write this down — you'll need it to take the exam. Then download Software Secure and follow the installation instructions.
3. Take Exam
The exam contains 50 - 100 multiple choice questions. You will have two hours to complete the exam, so don't start until you're sure you can complete the entire thing. And remember to pace yourself!
4. Get Exam Results
We will send you an email with your official exam results within 1 to 2 weeks. If you would like to raise your grade after receiving your exam results, you can retake quizzes with fewer than 3 attempts. You will then need to retake the final exam.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Start a Business While in College
- Business Leadership Courses and Classes Overview
- What Are Some Good College Courses for Starting an Online Digital Art Business?
- Business Leadership Degree Program Information
- Online Doctoral Degree in Business Leadership
- Colleges and Universities with German Degrees and Courses
- Business Foundations Certificate Online
- Online Business Leadership Degree Program Overviews
- What Are University and College Courses?
- What Can You Do with a Business Degree?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses