- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 70
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Creativity, Innovation, and Change and the Knowledge Economy
Course SummaryThis engaging Business 328 course can quickly build your retail innovation knowledge. Utilizing our entertaining lessons, mini quizzes and additional learning and study tools will make it easy to excel in school or improve your performance on the job.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Feel confident in your understanding of retail innovation by studying the fun lessons in this self-paced course. Lessons offer a comprehensive introduction to retail innovation and guide you through detailed explanations of intrapreneurship in retail management, how to evaluate retail innovation, ways to gain a competitive retail advantage, threats to retail innovation and more. Feel free to visit these lessons as often as needed and navigate them in any sequence that suits your study needs. When you're ready, our multiple-choice quizzes, chapter exams and final exam can gauge your understanding of this course. Around-the-clock computer and mobile access lets you study any time and in any convenient location.
Among individuals who can benefit from this course are students who can use the lessons and quizzes to gain a quality understanding of retail innovation while working on a class assignment or studying for a test. Professionals can use this course to strengthen their retail knowledge and enhance their work performance. Educators can utilize the resources in this course to supplement learning materials in the classroom.
|Introduction to Retail Innovation||Details the evolution of American retail, and defines innovation in business and retail. Discusses the importance of creativity, innovation and change in business.|
|Strategic Retail Perspectives||Defines the global environment, retail lifecycle and inflection point in retail. Describes the five stages of economic development, decline in the retail lifecycle and impact of cultural norms on global businesses.|
|Evaluating Retail Innovation||Discusses marketing analytics and metrics, performance goals, return on investment and profitability ratio. Explains methods for measuring customer satisfaction, how to measure innovative performance and uses of digital analytics in marketing.|
|Identifying Long-Term Trends in Retail||Teaches diffusion of innovation, long-term retail trends and the impacts of customer needs, demographic shifts, changes in customer behavior and disrupters/accelerators on retail trends.|
|Intrapreneurship in Retail Management||Offers definitions of intrapreneurship, institutional entrepreneurship, retail intrapreneurship and the social intrapreneur. Covers different types of organizational change, differences between intrapreneurship and entrepreneurship and material challenges caused by organizational change.|
|Product & Process Innovation||Explains the definition, types and steps of product innovation. Defines quantum and incremental product innovation, multichannel retailing, collaboration tools and social network analysis. Describes public facing innovation and how to recognize opportunities for social innovation in organizations.|
|Innovation & the Customer Experience||Covers customer relationship management, consumer behavior influences and the relationships between consumer psychology, brand familiarity and the purchase process. Discusses ways to balance retail innovation and consumers' needs and get to know new customers.|
|Innovation through Greentailing||Offers an overview of greentailing, green marketing, greenwashing and green design. Describes how to implement greentailing in organizations and manage a green and sustainable supply chain.|
|Gaining a Competitive Retail Advantage||Discusses types of business strategies and competitive advantage. Lists Porter's generic strategies and target market strategies for successful business. Defines a value chain and Ansoff's product/market matrix for competitive strategies.|
|Retail Innovation: Opportunities & Threats||Describes experiential consumption, non-store and services retailing and retail innovation. Explains how businesses use demographic data and how demographic shifts provide retail opportunities. Teaches the direct-to-consumer sales model and how services retailers differ from merchandise retailers.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 5 Learning Tools for Middle Schoolers to Make Your Life Easier As a Teacher
- Studying Abroad Linked to Improved Academic Performance
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Jobs that Require Quick Thinking
- Retail Business Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Business Performance Management Consultant: Job Description & Requirements
- Distance Learning Courses and Degrees in Buddhist Studies
- Jobs for Easygoing People
- Human Services Schools in Michigan
- Top Degree Programs in Multimedia and Graphic Design - Bakersfield CA
- Networking Degree Top Ranked School for a Career in Networking and Telecommunications - Baton Rouge Louisiana
- Best School for a Degree in Accounting and Financial Management - Houston TX
- Top Rated Computer Networking School - Lexington KY
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses