- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 67
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Function: Basics and Key Terms
Course SummaryThis Business Calculus Help and Review course is the simplest way to master business calculus. This course teaches all the essential business calculus topics in a simple and fun video format. The video lessons are each about five minutes long and they're paired with practice quizzes to test and reinforce the concept you've just learned.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For:
Anyone who needs help understanding material from business calculus will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding functions, limits, graphing, continuity, rates, derivatives, differentiation, marginal analysis, optimization, logarithms, integrals, growth models, multi-variable equations or any other business calculus topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn business calculus.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra business learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Business Calculus: Help & Review final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including::
- What is a function?
- How do I determine the properties of a function?
- What are limits and asymptotes?
- How do slopes relate to rate of change?
- What are derivatives and how are they calculated?
- How do I differentiate equations?
- What are higher order derivatives?
- How are minimum and maximum values calculated and graphically represented?
- What is marginal analysis?
- How do I graph derivatives?
- Why is optimization important in business calculus?
- What is natural base e and how do I use it?
- How are logarithmic properties applied to business calculus?
- What are integrals?
- How do I calculate growth?
- What are piecewise functions and how do I translate them?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses